What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm currently diluting soap paste, have laundry soap base in molds, another batch of soap paste on the go, and may make some bar soap just for fun.. I make cleaning supplies, and still need about 100 room sprays, 100-150 all purpose cleaners, etc etc.. but you know how it is!
Yep, I make my own laundry soap and all purpose cleaner too

Yep, I make my own laundry soap and all purpose cleaner too

I love making cleaning supplies - and I love seeing all the amazing creations from people who do body care.. I've just started making bar soap,but I can totally see the addiction, due to the endless creative possibilities!

Home made laudry soap just didn't cut it for us :( And really was not a $$ saver anyway.

what am I going to do today ..... sit and stare at the soap.... maybe move it off my desk and onto the cure rack but I just don 't have the motivation.

Made some salt bars with 90% CO and 20% SF using just table salt. We’ll see how those come out in a few hours! Also masterbatched another jug of lye solution. It’s really making soaping so much more convenient!!

The salt bars are NG’s Eucalyptus Spearmint, my favorite, and I made a gigantic mess of my molds since I had to glop it in. [emoji23]

In my non-soap kitchen, I’ve got a crock pot of soup bubbling away :)

IMG_9360.JPG

Ive had a frustrating soapmaking weekend. Wine soap is not going well. Have white chunks in the first batch because the batter cooled rapidly.. and in the second, I had HP soap on a stick.. which I didnt think could happen. added water and rebatched if you could call it that and got it in the mold. not sure how this one will turn out but im not optimistic.

I had my market today and made a couple of contacts, one of whom owns a high end boutique here in town. As well, I found out that the woman who runs this market has been approached to take over another local market. She told me she's considering quitting her day job and concentrating on both markets. If she does take it on, there are several vendors she wants to see at the second market (on Saturdays), me included. We shall see.

2 Wine soaps for YOU ! I'm jealous, I only get the end cuts lol.
I NEED to make Salt bars, but I am procrastinating on it as I have a bunch of other small things to do. I like to have a clear day to do soaping so I am not rushed. And that way I end up making more batches then I planned which is a good thing !

I say if they are that picky they don't deserve you omg if I could have a regular client elaited

LoL, they aren't picky... I am! I didn't mind doing it, because now I have two bars for myself that I don't have to buy back from them :) 'cuz I needed more soap... (not really. not really at all)

Nothing really soapy this weekend. Made a 1lb replacement batch for the brewery. This time I was a bit more patient and let my lye cool. The Cracklin' Birch FO soaped beautifully, so it was completely a temperature issue with the first batches. Did some window shopping for fragrances. So many FO's so little time... This week I would like to make two soaps and get started on bubble scoops. Maybe play some more with shampoo bars.

I made my first 100% olive oil soap.
Good for you.! Olive oil is good for everything but it must cure for at least 9months. anyhow...olive oil is my go to soap when I want to make a soap that's not difficult I use 10 oz evoo. Boom done. It's nice to have around

Yes it will have a year cure. I may cut up a piece to try at the 6, 9, 12 month marks as I like to experience the differences. I used virgin OO as I wanted to see the results of a darker OO in the soap. It was a very quick easy soap to make and I was super surprised at how fast I was able to unmold using a 33 % lye concentration, 14 hours and it was out of the mold, if I had not checked it, it would have been much harder to deal with. My regular recipe at this concentration takes 20 hours.

LoL, they aren't picky... I am! I didn't mind doing it, because now I have two bars for myself that I don't have to buy back from them :) 'cuz I needed more soap... (not really. not really at all)

Nothing really soapy this weekend. Made a 1lb replacement batch for the brewery. This time I was a bit more patient and let my lye cool. The Cracklin' Birch FO soaped beautifully, so it was completely a temperature issue with the first batches. Did some window shopping for fragrances. So many FO's so little time... This week I would like to make two soaps and get started on bubble scoops. Maybe play some more with shampoo bars.
Sent you a pm. How do you package and sell your Bubble scoops? I want to start selling some but undecided how to package and label. I have shrink wrapped each scoop but that is as far as I have gone

It was another rainy weekend, so I did my favorite thing on such days... I made soap! (surprise LOL) I went though my supplies and noticed that I had some Rice Bran oil that was nearing a year old, so I created a recipe to use that up. I decided it would be a batch of Manly Man Soap, and was hoping for a Granite like look. I think I came pretty close. Added 2 tsp of charcoal, and then separated the batter in half, to one of which I added some leftover clay samples (about 1 tsp) to slightly lighten the color and mixed in the mold. Purposely soaped hot and immediately wrapped the mold in a towel to retain the heat to encourage glycerin rivers to be my "veins" in the "granite". What to you think?

IMG_4349.jpg

I wrapped soap, then wrapped some more and then wrapped even more. I got 160 bars wrapped, labeled and boxed in prep for the new store opening at the end of October. Not sure why Im so tired since I sat most of the day but there ya go.

So, I already love this thread!
Also I made my 9th batch of soap today. Only been at this about a month or so?
Batch number nine was a new first. Pink Himalayan Sea Salt. Adjusted my Super Clean Soap base recipe to account for the 7% salt additive, upped the SF (it's already a high-coconut recipe) and went to work.
Split off just shy of 1/2 the batch and added French Red Clay. To the remainder I added the total of the salt. (I know, this raises the % of salt in that portion of the soap.)
Tried working with oils at about 92F, but they still started to trace fast. Scooped/poured, swirled, spritzed with 92% Iso and waiting to unmold. Hoping that it is ready in a few more hours. Will try to remember to post cut pieces pics later.
Hope you all have a wonderful and productive day.
Happy Soaping :)

I have to print, cut and label over 384 soaps, I miscounted earlier :( wow .... oh and clean up the edges a bit first.
Hmmm Think I will see if there are any good movies on

Last edited:
I got my impulse sealer yesterday so I think I may have to set up a shrink-wrapping station and get some of these soaps wrapped up so I have more room on my curing shelves!! It's currently totally full so if I want to get any soaping done this weekend, I'm gonna have to put some up.

I am weak and bought 3 or 4 new FOs from NG which will be here tomorrow. All this for some pink salt....thank goodness I have this support group for my addiction ;)

It was another rainy weekend, so I did my favorite thing on such days... I made soap! (surprise LOL) I went though my supplies and noticed that I had some Rice Bran oil that was nearing a year old, so I created a recipe to use that up. I decided it would be a batch of Manly Man Soap, and was hoping for a Granite like look. I think I came pretty close. Added 2 tsp of charcoal, and then separated the batter in half, to one of which I added some leftover clay samples (about 1 tsp) to slightly lighten the color and mixed in the mold. Purposely soaped hot and immediately wrapped the mold in a towel to retain the heat to encourage glycerin rivers to be my "veins" in the "granite". What to you think?

View attachment 32316
You've deff achieved a marbling effect. Very nice looks like cut marble.

Latest posts

Back