SMF September 2024 Challenge - Feathered Mantra Swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The other non-entry and one bar:

1000015414.jpg

1000015461.jpg

That looks beautiful! I'm sorry you didn't get enough bars for the challenge. Thank you for sharing your pictures. I ordered a mold with dividers that was supposed to come today. Now it's not expected until Wednesday. I made a practice batch yesterday without dividers and my trace was to thick. Only two colors showed up on top, the swirl was pathetic, and it is covered in soda ash. I learned a lot though. If I can get another batch made that turns out, I'll register. I'm getting 10 bushels of apples tomorrow, though, and might not have time to make soap for obvious reasons.

That looks beautiful!
I never in a million years thought I'd be able to produce such a thing 🤯

Yet another reason I love it here😁

I'm sorry you didn't get enough bars for the challenge. Thank you for sharing your pictures. I ordered a mold with dividers that was supposed to come today. Now it's not expected until Wednesday.
Might be time for some M&M's! 🤣

Can we share the M&Ms? My stickblender was supposed to be here tomorrow and now shows Monday. It hasn't even shipped yet!
I'm sorry, that's so frustrating! At least I can try drop-pouring without dividers. It's kind of hard to make soap at all without a stick blender. I'd be happy to provide m&m's for you and @justsomeguy, but I have no faith in the shipping system at this point!

I made another practice batch today. The colors came out much closer to what I wanted, and my trace was perfect for drop pouring. I won't know until tomorrow afternoon how it looks inside, but from the top, it looks like I might be able to register for the challenge. I doubt it's a worthy entry, but I think it follows the rules to not be disqualified. I hope.🙂

I’m so sorry that you didn’t get enough bars to enter.
Yeah, there's a slim chance I can do something on Monday or Sunday🤞🏿
Your soaps look terrific and I love the colors!
I used the challenge to experiment😁. The soap is 97% HO sunflower with 3% castor. The orange is tumeric infused castor and the purple is Alkanet root infused castor. There's .5% sodium gluconate, 1.5% sorbitol, and Zany's faux sea water salt and baking soda (percentages from @AliOop 's hard maths).

Back