SMF June 2024 Un-Challenge – A Favorite Song

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanted to try a triple rice soap recipe and because it’s for my face, I wanted to use a cavity mold so it’s easily identified. Initially I was going to leave it uncolored but then decided to add a pink as I wanted to use the last mold I purchased which is a rose mold. I have to explain the rose mold too, I found it at TJ Maxx and it’s an ice mold. It was cheap. Turns out it’s not pretty, but I didn’t know that until I unmolded my soap. As I was mixing the batter I decided to use a yellow and green in addition to the pink. Notice how all of this is happening? No planning and on the fly? 🙄. Well this soap isn’t named after a favorite song, it’s named after the process and the use of the soap. Here is “If I Could Turn Back Time” by Cher. I know soap will not make me look younger but it’s worth a try, right? 😂

Attachments

• IMG_6909.jpeg
    IMG_6909.jpeg
    1.3 MB
Well...I have to bend the criteria slightly because while I like these songs, they are not really what I would consider a favorite of mine. But these are some soaps I needed to make, so I'll pick a song that they could represent.

A military mom asked me if I could make a flag soap, so I came up with these. Neither came out like my vision, but I am sure she will be happy with them. American Pie by Don McLean.
View attachment 77967View attachment 77968

Norwegian Wood by the Beatles
View attachment 77969
Somehow I missed these earlier. LOVE the Americana soaps! The wood is really pretty too but the Americana soap is really beautiful.

Somehow I missed these earlier. LOVE the Americana soaps! The wood is really pretty too but the Americana soap is really beautiful.
Thank you. To be honest, they look better in the pictures than IRL but will be fun to have on a shelf in the bathroom for the summer. The person I am giving most of them to will be more than happy to have them. I am giving her enough to keep one, give one to her son, and hopefully share the rest with other military/VFW families.

Thank you. To be honest, they look better in the pictures than IRL but will be fun to have on a shelf in the bathroom for the summer. The person I am giving most of them to will be more than happy to have them. I am giving her enough to keep one, give one to her son, and hopefully share the rest with other military/VFW families.
Did you mold the stars individually or did you use a tube mold and cut them? I still haven’t added decorative touches like this. I need to step up my game. 😉

Did you mold the stars individually or did you use a tube mold and cut them? I still haven’t added decorative touches like this. I need to step up my game. 😉
The stars are soap dough that I rolled thin and cut with a cookie cutter, then attached with a small amount of soap dough applied to the soap and brushed with water. They will fall off with the first or second use I'm afraid since only the center of the star is attached.

I've also made embellishments like this by pouring a thin layer of CP soap in a slab mold and cutting that out in shapes.

The stars are soap dough that I rolled thin and cut with a cookie cutter, then attached with a small amount of soap dough applied to the soap and brushed with water. They will fall off with the first or second use I'm afraid since only the center of the star is attached.

I've also made embellishments like this by pouring a thin layer of CP soap in a slab mold and cutting that out in shapes.
Thanks!

I wanted to try a triple rice soap recipe and because it’s for my face, I wanted to use a cavity mold so it’s easily identified. Initially I was going to leave it uncolored but then decided to add a pink as I wanted to use the last mold I purchased which is a rose mold. I have to explain the rose mold too, I found it at TJ Maxx and it’s an ice mold. It was cheap. Turns out it’s not pretty, but I didn’t know that until I unmolded my soap. As I was mixing the batter I decided to use a yellow and green in addition to the pink. Notice how all of this is happening? No planning and on the fly? 🙄. Well this soap isn’t named after a favorite song, it’s named after the process and the use of the soap. Here is “If I Could Turn Back Time” by Cher. I know soap will not make me look younger but it’s worth a try, right? 😂
Those soaps are gorgeous, both the shapes and the colors! FWIW, that's usually what happens when I don't plan, don't follow any rhyme or reason, and don't take notes - so I can never recreate it.

And the name... 🤣

Those soaps are gorgeous, both the shapes and the colors! FWIW, that's usually what happens when I don't plan, don't follow any rhyme or reason, and don't take notes - so I can never recreate it.

And the name... 🤣
Thanks! You guys are always so nice!
Sometimes winging it works. I also am not great about note taking. It’s a goal. 😂

Latest posts

Back