August 2024 SMF UN-Challenge: Seasons!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@basti, So glad you joined the fun! Your soaps never disappoint, and these are no exception. The top one looks like a fall moon over the lake. 😍 The second one has a more sci-fi vibe to it. 👽

@Kaybrantley I somehow missed your post this morning, but I see it now and wow! 🥰

Those great fall colors remind me of raking beautiful autumn leaves into pretty heaps for our grandkids to jump into (so we can rake them up again. And again). :p

Those are going sell out very fast at the fundraiser, for sure!

I had some snowflake soap dough cut outs from another project so, even though it isn't my favorite season, an ode to winter. I made a blend of cypress, lavender and eucalyptus EOs to scent this batch.

Attachments

• 8.2024 Cypress.jpg
    8.2024 Cypress.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 0
@dibbles these bars demonstrate exactly why you are my favorite soap swirler. 🥰 #soapgoals #swirlgoals

And oooh that EO blend sounds amazing! May I ask the percentages of each?

@AliOop thank you so much - you are too kind! In my quest to use up some of the stuff I seem to have amassed, I was using some pretty ancient cypress EO, so the percentages ended up 55% cypress, 33% lavender 40/42 and 12% eucalyptus. I like it, but those are all EOs I like. I haven't had anyone else give them a sniff yet.

Pumpkin Pie soap on the left, Milk Chocolate Peppermint on the right.

I did 100% pumpkin puree as water replacement for the bottom of the pumpkin soap and made a cocoa powder pencil line. I mixed 1 tsp kaolin clay with cinnamon, ginger, clove bud and orange essential oils. It doesn't smell like pumpkin pie, but it is a nice spicy fall scent.

Then I immediately made a batch of 100% goat milk soap (everything was already weighed out and lye was mixed), poured out enough uncolored/unscented soap to top the pumpkin pie and proceeded to make the rest of that batch into milk chocolate peppermint. My chocolate layer set up faster than the white layer, so it didn't swirl the way I wanted, but I like how it turned out anyway.

My daughter is learning how to crochet, so I used her unfinished pillow as a backdrop.🙂

Thank you, AliOop, for the opportunity to play with and share seasonal soaps, and for all your help along the way!

Attachments

• 20240831_075553.jpg
    7.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Wow, just beautiful @ackosel! 🤩🤩🤩 Way to add a lovely finishing touch at on the last day of the August SMF UnChallenge. 😍

Speaking of which, because this is an Unchallenge, anyone is welcome to post their pictures until 11:59pm on August 31 - per their own time zone. We'd love to see your seasonal creations!

Pumpkin Pie soap on the left, Milk Chocolate Peppermint on the right.

I did 100% pumpkin puree as water replacement for the bottom of the pumpkin soap and made a cocoa powder pencil line. I mixed 1 tsp kaolin clay with cinnamon, ginger, clove bud and orange essential oils. It doesn't smell like pumpkin pie, but it is a nice spicy fall scent.

Then I immediately made a batch of 100% goat milk soap (everything was already weighed out and lye was mixed), poured out enough uncolored/unscented soap to top the pumpkin pie and proceeded to make the rest of that batch into milk chocolate peppermint. My chocolate layer set up faster than the white layer, so it didn't swirl the way I wanted, but I like how it turned out anyway.

My daughter is learning how to crochet, so I used her unfinished pillow as a backdrop.🙂

Thank you, AliOop, for the opportunity to play with and share seasonal soaps, and for all your help along the way!
Wow, those are great soaps, @ackosel 🥰
Send cheers to your daughter, too - her crocheted pillow looks great 🥰

Back