What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cut my latest batch of ZNSB. Good news is the new stickblender worked well and even though there are a few tiny bubbles, there are vastly less than before and could just be user error. Unfortunately, I managed to mess this batch up, too. I'm guessing the sort of swirly chopstick thing I did is causing this sort of wispy discoloration. I've made this recipe for a couple years now and never had this happen before so I have no idea why it's suddenly happening now.

Attachments

• 20241015_131033.jpg
    20241015_131033.jpg
    728.1 KB
  • 20241015_145800.jpg
    20241015_145800.jpg
    1.6 MB
Last edited:
I'm playing with designing labels. Not my skill set at all.
Wasn't mine either. Really, it quite intimidated me and so I put it off, put it off, put it off.....you get the picture :) Until I found Online Labels and their Maestro Designer. GAME CHANGER!!! Now I actually look forward to that creative aspect, somedays even more than the soap part (especially since I started having everything Insta-Tracing -- beyond pudding and straight to done. So, I didn't have anything to actually label, per se, but it became the fun part. LOL!!

I had given some coconut + clay [kaolin + red sandalwood/green clay] soap to a few people and they said they liked them lots, so I am feeling super buoyed today! I organized my supplies and infused olive oil in alkanet root powder. I'm getting more olive oil to infuse annatto seeds and Himalayan rhubarb next!

Ordered calendula petals and received a pack of dried up dusty flowers with barely any petals. I live to fight another day...

I make a soap with pumice and Kaolin clay. Together it's so mild yet still exfoliating. My BIL ordered 5 bars.
Do you use a mortar and pestle to grind the pumice? Asking because I got pumice stone and ground by hand. But the texture was to course for him. This time round I re-ground the pummeled pumice in a coffee grinder. 🤨 Don’t think that’s good for the grinder though.

Do you use a mortar and pestle to grind the pumice? Asking because I got pumice stone and ground by hand. But the texture was to course for him. This time round I re-ground the pummeled pumice in a coffee grinder. 🤨 Don’t think that’s good for the grinder though.
You can buy it preground. :)

Back