What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you! I definitely will. If you don't mind me asking, which model did you purchase? I noticed there are at least 3 different types of shaft bells on the Cuisinarts I've looked up.
It’s a HB-400PC. Here’s the Costco link, and some pics. 🥰

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
I had never heard of donkey soap at all. I'll have to check out the powder. Thank you~
The story behind it is that Cleopatra used donkey milk to wash and it kept her skin flawlessly beautiful. I would imagine it would provide similar results as any milk soap. A good thing and, likely, an interesting attention-getter for marketing.

The story behind it is that Cleopatra used donkey milk to wash and it kept her skin flawlessly beautiful. I would imagine it would provide similar results as any milk soap. A good thing and, likely, an interesting attention-getter for marketing.
I agree with the marketing idea for sure. The string posted on the donkey milk powder was interesting. An extreme range in prices and quality as well. Maybe have to try it next year. That's a strong- Maaayyybbbeee. LOL I am amazed at what customers are actually interested in. It is always the fragrance, and everyone has a unique nose.

I'm purging all the frozen stuff I had put away for cp soaps as a precaution because I don't want to chance that my stickblender could possibly contaminate future batches of soap when the ingredients I had prepared and frozen are cheap to replace. Looks like making more aloe gel and rice puree are in my near future.

I'll just drop this here:

View attachment 78960

Available at Candora (and other suppliers, I'm sure)

Misschief, thanks for the tomato info, I am going to look for these products order a little bit, and see what happens!
Next year I will have tomato leaves coming out of my ears, if anyone wants any, just let me know and all you have to pay is the postage, yes, I will try to make this tomato soap! It is late for leaves this year & since we prune the leaves & compost them, I don't have many left on the vine.

Last edited:
I am getting ready to start making some soaps for the holidays, it's been almost a month since I've made soap. I plan to make at least one loaf today and then spend the rest of the weekend making soap, candles, testing some new fo's and hopefully have time to make sugar scrubs. I'm in Southern, Ca. and it's finally cooled down, so I'm finally not so exhuasted from the heat and can finally open my windows while I work without gettin hot and sweaty! We actually, had a few spinkles in the past hour and that makes me so happy!:) 🧼🕯️

Back