What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update: I couldn't help myself. At 18hrs, it was frozen solid and already clearly pulling inward from the sides, so I just had to unmold and see my beautiful swirled goat milk soap! Fast forward to the cut and lo and behold.....

View attachment 78512

Not exactly what I had in mind. I am so glad this was only a small test batch and not a 5lb loaf.
Looks great to me! You could stamp something in the center to make it look intentional. :)

Update: I couldn't help myself. At 18hrs, it was frozen solid and already clearly pulling inward from the sides, so I just had to unmold and see my beautiful swirled goat milk soap! Fast forward to the cut and lo and behold.....

View attachment 78512

Not exactly what I had in mind. I am so glad this was only a small test batch and not a 5lb loaf.
I love the look of them ! I'm sure if I'd try to replicate them I'd failed.
Where is the swirl though ? 🤔

I love the look of them ! I'm sure if I'd try to replicate them I'd failed.
Where is the swirl though ? 🤔

Would've been throughout but a little more peach than pink based on the amount of infused oil I used to color. I think the swirl disappeared in the circle. I'll post a picture of a lard based bar with the exact same fragrance and design without any goat milk. It's why I assumed this fragrance doesn't accelerate.

20230418_075521.jpg

Would've been throughout but a little more peach than pink based on the amount of infused oil I used to color. I think the swirl disappeared in the circle. I'll post a picture of a lard based bar with the exact same fragrance and design without any goat milk. It's why I assumed this fragrance doesn't accelerate.
Gorgeous!

Oxide ?

Please help. Is the oxide (red, black, green, blue, brown, yellow) I buy at the hardware store the same oxdes to be used for cp soap?

Oxide ?

Please help. Is the oxide (red, black, green, blue, brown, yellow) I buy at the hardware store the same oxdes to be used for cp soap?
Hi Blue1969, your profile says you are in South Africa, if this is correct, you may want to post a picture of the oxide. If there is an ingredients section that would be helpful. We may have different products in our countries.
Also, recommend you start a new post so you will get better feedback. Posts have a tendency to get lost in this thread.

Help me Lord, I am 30 pages behind on this thread and don't know how to keep up. It's been a summer. I'll just say stone the flaming crows. :)

Mrs. Zing works for a certain scouting organization. This week, they have been organizing and clearing out old inventory and she brought home dozens of these badges. It'll be a nice touch to include them in gift bags.745348690.jpg

My soapy thing was going into my soap-room-in-progress. Sheetrock is installed; next is taping and texturing. The sheetrock guy says he expects to be done by next Thursday at the latest. Then it's time for painting the walls (we will do this ourselves), installing the door (DH will do this), putting up a couple of cabinets (SIL will help with this), and then installing the lights and fan (electrician will do this).

DH actually knows how to do everything, but can no longer physically do much that requires having his arms overhead. It's been hard for him to wait on others to get it done, plus few people match up to his quality expectations. He's learned to relax a bit about it all, especially when I remind him that it's a soap room, not a living room. Yes, it also will be my work-at-home office for all those zoom meetings, but that's what fake backgrounds are for, right? :)

My soapy thing was going into my soap-room-in-progress. Sheetrock is installed; next is taping and texturing. The sheetrock guy says he expects to be done by next Thursday at the latest. Then it's time for painting the walls (we will do this ourselves), installing the door (DH will do this), putting up a couple of cabinets (SIL will help with this), and then installing the lights and fan (electrician will do this).

DH actually knows how to do everything, but can no longer physically do much that requires having his arms overhead. It's been hard for him to wait on others to get it done, plus few people match up to his quality expectations. He's learned to relax a bit about it all, especially when I remind him that it's a soap room, not a living room. Yes, it also will be my work-at-home office for all those zoom meetings, but that's what fake backgrounds are for, right? :)
That sounds so exciting! Can't wait to see the finished pictures! 😄

So excited! Made my first loaf of soap. I'd been doing individual molds and my sweet husband surprised me with a loaf for our anniversary.
I had some salt soap that accidentally got too much fragrance in it. So I grated it up and put it in an unscented soap base. I didn't have any titanium dioxide otherwise it might have looked a little better...
Now I just have to wait to be able to cut it.

20240817_112133.jpg

I stamped, beveled and stored for curing the last soap I made this summer. I'm away on a roadtrip now and won't be able de make soap for a while.

It is a loaf of lavender soap. I tried my hand on an ombre using alkanet as a color, hoping for a purple. But I think I would need to figure out a lighter colored base recipe for the purple to look good. It is a bit brown because of my olive oil...
IMG_20240815_150009.jpgIMG_20240815_145909.jpg

Back