What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to WSP and BB sales I bought a lot of fragrance oils. Then went over to indigo fragrances and bought some more. Since I make small batches I generally buy the trial sizes or 1-2 oz bottles. I am able to buy more fragrances due to the small sizes. All of these are completely new to me

WSP
Balsam & Cedar
Raspberry Lemonade
Coconut Lime Verbena
Lemon Lavender
Lavender & Chamomile BBW type
Island Margarita
Kumquat
Summer Citrus
Rosemary Lemon - JS
Lemon Slices - RE

BB
Tobacco & Bay Leaf
Grapefruit Bellini
Cranberry Cocktail
Orange Peel - only one not trial size
Ginger Ale
Peach Prosseco
Sweet Meyer Lemon
Champagne
Coastal Rain
Yuzu

Indigo
Cherry Lemonade - sample
Satsuma
Calacazz
Iced Wine
Celebration
Green Apple Jolly Rancher - sample
Lemon Lime Soda - sample
Lemonade
Kumquat
Peach Nectar
Avocado and Sea Salt
Raspberry Lemonade - sample
I’ve been eying that trial size sales- I think the trial sizes are 0.5 oz, or (14gr). What size are your small batches? My batches are 500gr, so that’s 2.8%, is this what you do?

I’ve been eying that trial size sales- I think the trial sizes are 0.5 oz, or (14gr). What size are your small batches? My batches are 500gr, so that’s 2.8%, is this what you do?

I didn’t know they were .5oz. I have 1lb and 2lb soap molds and a bunch of silicone molds.

Last edited:
@Georgeandstella I did not answer your question. I try to make my batch size fit whatever amount of fragrance oil I use. Since I do 1oz ppo for most oils I will make a batch using .5oz per 6oz of oils. I need to know if the scent will stay when I use it at my regular percentage rate for fragrance oils.

Last edited:
@Georgeandstella I did not answer your question. I try to make my batch size fit whatever amount of fragrance oil I use. Since I do 1oz ppo for most oils I will make a batch using .5oz per 6oz of oils. I need to know if the scent will be stay when I use it at my regular percentage rate for fragrance oils.
Hello, I’m new to soap making, so appreciate the clarification. This makes sense, thank you 😊

Yesterday I put some dried Kawakawa leaves into OO to infuse it. Today I cut a bunch of aloe leaves and peeled, and then juiced them to freeze for future soap.
I’d never heard of those before and just earlier saw a soap made with these that was the most beautiful shade of green! I can’t wait to see what you make with it.

I made soap today! My former boss likes my Spring Clean (rosemary & lemongrass essential oils) and called me this week -- "Zing, I need me some Spring Clean, I know I gotta wait 6 weeks, I'll take as much as you can make!"

And for the first time, I tried @QuasiQuadrant 's technique of mixing up essential oils in castor oil and clay beforehand.

Everything is warm and toasty under the towel pile. Which I know because I have to, you know, fondle, check every so often just to make sure everything is okay.

I tried a few different things today. I used green tea instead of water and used some off brand crisco too. So far there were some hiccups like the soap never really thickening up but I read on here to just pour and wait anyways so i did that. Couple of hours later the soap is almost what I'd consider firm! Using cupcake paper thingies was a good idea too. This way I can avoid cutting the soap and its already portioned out

Attachments

• 20240113_162955.jpg
    20240113_162955.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 0
If the paper cupcake liners behave like I think they will, you might not use them next time. I think they will absorb oils and be a funky mess to remove. I also feel like since the oils will compromise the liners, you’ll want to get them off the cookie sheet as soon as you can. Keep us posted on how they do, I’m curious.
They sure look cute, though! And watch for some silicone cupcake liners to go on clearance - I’ve seen them on super sale a few times at the store.

If the paper cupcake liners behave like I think they will, you might not use them next time. I think they will absorb oils and be a funky mess to remove. I also feel like since the oils will compromise the liners, you’ll want to get them off the cookie sheet as soon as you can. Keep us posted on how they do, I’m curious.
They sure look cute, though! And watch for some silicone cupcake liners to go on clearance - I’ve seen them on super sale a few times at the store.
You know i was noticing a ring of grease around the bottom of each of them. This batch was weird from the start so if they mess up I wont be too tore up

The soaps had no more zap to them today so I took one out and I have no major problems to report! Aside from the grease on the bottom of the wrappers everything is fine. They've hardened up on the top nice so I flipped them all over and I'll give them another half day before I give them out. I will look for the silicone ones you mentioned as I think that might be a good idea to make Reese's themed soaps.

Latest posts

Back