What Bath & Body Thing Have You Done Today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This morning I made lotion with our grandson. With his usual impeccable taste, he picked out Sandalwood Vanilla for the scent and decided to leave it uncolored.

I emphasized the important of sanitation before starting. As an 11yo boy, he normally doesn't wash his hands thoroughly -- or at all, lol. Today he eagerly scrubbed up and helped wipe down surfaces with alcohol. Using the DIY B&B base, he did all the measuring and all the blending. We had just enough time before church to pour the still-warm and very liquid product into containers. When we returned to the car after the service, he was amazed to find it all thickened up. He wants to label some of it to give to his teacher for Christmas.

Yup, we have a lotion-making convert, folks!
Noli lotion.jpg

This morning I made lotion with our grandson. With his usual impeccable taste, he picked out Sandalwood Vanilla for the scent and decided to leave it uncolored.

I emphasized the important of sanitation before starting. As an 11yo boy, he normally doesn't wash his hands thoroughly -- or at all, lol. Today he eagerly scrubbed up and helped wipe down surfaces with alcohol. Using the DIY B&B base, he did all the measuring and all the blending. We had just enough time before church to pour the still-warm and very liquid product into containers. When we returned to the car after the service, he was amazed to find it all thickened up. He wants to label some of it to give to his teacher for Christmas.

Yup, we have a lotion-making convert, folks! View attachment 75193
Sandalwood Vanilla??? He has great taste! That sounds amazing

That’s awesome! Sounds like a great young man.

Looks lovely! Are those 4 or 8oz containers? I’m having my nieces over soon for Christmas gift making…

Did he make lotion or cream? I'm still trying to find my magical favorite ratio of concentrate to water. Also, what did he pick for his 5%?
I like this concentrate more and more, as I'm working with it. My face was dry enough this morning (colder weather now) that my kids noticed my skin was flaking. I have a very reactive face, but gave it whirl. I used some uncented lotion made with the base. This particular batch is more liquidy than I like in a lotion, but it was awesome for my face. So far, so good.

I'm in the middle of making a batch of Avocado Mint Foot Cream (using the last of this batch of concentrate), part of my Christmas Food Care Baskets. They were very popular at the market when I last made them. Next up will be Mentho Minty Foot Scrub, made with the DIY Foaming Bath Butter recipe.

Attachments

• Pedi Care.png
    Pedi Care.png
    3.8 MB
@Servant4Christ that's so awesome that it worked on your face! I'm very glad you are enjoying and having good success with this recipe.

My grandson made what I would call a thick lotion, not quite a cream. We made a 300g batch, and reduced the suggested water by about 15g. His 5% was borage oil, which I encouraged him to use since it was nearing its use-by date. There is very little soaping, and it leaves quite a dry finish. It's perfect for a handcream that won't leave greasy fingerprints behind. However, it's not as moisturizing as I would normally prefer for my winter-dry arms and legs.

Isn't it great to have options to tweak the recipe for different needs? :)

I made a batch of sugar scrub every night for the last 4 nights. 17 containers of 5.05oz scrub per batch. All BB FOs: Watermelon Sugar, Cranberry Cocktail, Tropical (Pineapple Papaya) and Cherry Almond. I finally got smart and stopped using little glass mason jars, they were super cute but these jars are safer.
I made little sample jars so people can smell the scents - do you think this will be a help or a bother at a boutique?
IMG_1938.jpeg

I made a batch of sugar scrub every night for the last 4 nights. 17 containers of 5.05oz scrub per batch. All BB FOs: Watermelon Sugar, Cranberry Cocktail, Tropical (Pineapple Papaya) and Cherry Almond. I finally got smart and stopped using little glass mason jars, they were super cute but these jars are safer.
I made little sample jars so people can smell the scents - do you think this will be a help or a bother at a boutique?
View attachment 75249
Samples will definitely be helpful! They always want to smell before they commit. Those fragrances sound amazing!

Yesterday I made lotion for VikingDude - uncolored and unscented, which is so boring to me but it’s all about making the customer happy, right? LOL And he was. I split the batch so had the 1% that went toward FO in the other half to add something else to his. I decided to cut an aloe leaf and see if I could get 3g of fresh gel. Which I did, but boy, it was a bit of a task scraping that sticky stuff into a bowl to weigh! Probably not the best way to harvest aloe, so we’ll see how it works. The other half of the batch I scented with Meditation from NS, which is really lovely in a lotion. Then there was some left over lotion after filling up that bottle, so for funsies I added some glitter! 😄 Just for that perpetual 8yo girl that still lives in me somewhere.

Then I made hubs some sugar scrub for the shower, and some cleansing balm for myself. Today I need to work on a face cream.

Oh, and I got the box of stuff I ordered from WSP, using a $200 debit card I’d gotten from work that’s about to expire (I’d forgotten about it). I now have extracts of bamboo, caffeine, carrot, calendula, and chamomile to play with. 😁

I have a new opportunity along with two more Christmas markets coming up (Nov 25 and Dec 10) so I've been busy making stuff. A brand new artist and maker collective will be opening this weekend and I've been asked if I'd like to join. It's $100 per month (3 month minimum), you provide stock and they do all the selling. I was going to have two shelves (22 x 16") but JP overbooked the shelves so he offered me this space instead. I'll be going in again today or tomorrow with a few more items. In order to provide information to the staff and customers, I've also created a basic web page (I really love Canva) they can access with a QR code. The site has a brief description of each of the items I'll have available at the store. I've included the QR code in case you're interested in checking it out.

Studio on Water.png

QR sticker.png

Yesterday my bath bomb press arrived from the Etsy seller based in Turkey. I bought the least expensive model, which came with two molds of my choice. Of course I had to test it out immediately, so I made three batches with different colors and scents. It took me a bit to figure out that I needed to fill the mold a little fuller, which is why the blue ones are so much bigger than the orange ones. Overall, I do like the press and will probably buy a few more molds to go with it.

Bath Bomb Press.jpgBath Bombs from new Press.jpg

Before that, two friends came over to learn how to make shampoo bars and conditioner bars. They've been using mine and wanted to start making their own, so they purchased the DIY B&B recipes, plus all necessary ingredients. This was a good opportunity for me to make a small batch for a friend's son who needed very simple ingredients, with some tea tree EO and rosemary EO to help with his scalp issues. My friends watched the process while I measured, nuked, stirred, and poured. See, told you guys this was easy!

Shampoo and conditioner bars.jpg

Today was another B&B day. I made two more batches of lotion, for a total of four batches this week, all in different scents. I'm ramping up production of all the B&B things for the boutique at our church's annual Ladies' Christmas Luncheon. Next up will be lip balms, lip scrubs, foaming sugar scrubs, and more bath bombs. If I have time, I may make a few more batches of lotion, as well.

Lotions and soaps.jpg

Last edited:
Yesterday my bath bomb press arrived from the Etsy seller based in Turkey. I bought the least expensive model, which came with two molds of my choice. Of course I had to test it out immediately, so I made three batches with different colors and scents. It took me a bit to figure out that I needed to fill the mold a little fuller, which is why the blue ones are so much bigger than the orange ones. Overall, I do like the press and will probably buy a few more molds to go with it.

View attachment 75380View attachment 75381

Before that, two friends came over to learn how to make shampoo bars and conditioner bars. They've been using mine and wanted to start making their own, so they purchased the DIY B&B recipes, plus all necessary ingredients. This was a good opportunity for me to make a small batch for a friend's son who needed very simple ingredients, with some tea tree EO and rosemary EO to help with his scalp issues. My friends watched the process while I measured, nuked, stirred, and poured. See, told you guys this was easy!

View attachment 75382

Today was another B&B day. I made two more batches of lotion, for a total of four batches this week, all in different scents. I'm ramping up production of all the B&B things for the boutique at our church's annual Ladies' Christmas Luncheon. Next up will be lip balms, lip scrubs, foaming sugar scrubs, and more bath bombs. If I have time, I may make a few more batches of lotion, as well.

View attachment 75383
You've been busy! Looks great! I love my bath bomb press.. same one. :)

I made some lotion bars today in my usual scents and tried a batch using BB Watermelon Sugar with some BB Rose Gold mica - oh so yummy! Now I can do some same scent gift sets - soap, sugar scrub and lotion bar - for the boutique I’m signed up for.

ETA - tomorrow is container candles in metal tins, and then hopefully just lip balms left to make….

I made some lotion bars today in my usual scents and tried a batch using BB Watermelon Sugar with some BB Rose Gold mica - oh so yummy! Now I can do some same scent gift sets - soap, sugar scrub and lotion bar - for the boutique I’m signed up for.

ETA - tomorrow is container candles in metal tins, and then hopefully just lip balms left to make….
I did some lotion bars, too. I received an email from someone who had purchased one of my lotion bars at our local yarn shop; she wants another one but I haven't made them in a couple of years. So, I made them; they're scented with Love Spell. And, did up a batch of bubbling bath salt for my upcoming market, the last one of my season.

Back