Washing with glitter?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelleyaynn

Reaction score
I was wondering about putting glitter in soap (appropriate for soap). Does it wash off, or do you come out of the shower with glitter on your body?

I beg you, please don't use glitter! It is pure evil! :twisted:
While I don't know of any evidence that it will harm your soap or anyone else, I am thoroughly convinced that...

Someone, somewhere, once upon a time, threw a handful of glitter in the air and that glitter is still torturing all of us in our everyday lives!
Glitter NEVER goes away. It will haunt you always and forever!
I offer as evidence the fact that I picked a piece of glitter off my face the other day and I have NOT allowed glitter in my house for at least 10 years! :evil:

That being said, glitter washes off (into the twilight zone where it waits for the right moment to come back and torture you out of the corner of your eye just waiting and biding it's time until it can take over the world). :D

I confess, I do like glitter. I have sprinkled it on top of some of my soaps. Keep in mind, this was cosmetic grade, ultra fine glitter (.004 microns or something like that). It's from WSP and I think a little bit of it for a special soap doesn't do any harm (sorry, Ms B!). I totally get the comment about how glitter never goes away. Honestly, the kind of glitter you use for crafts is insidious and will haunt you for all time, but this cosmetic grade, ultra fine stuff is great. It behaves very well, in my opinion.

MsB said:
I beg you, please don't use glitter! It is pure evil! :twisted:
While I don't know of any evidence that it will harm your soap or anyone else, I am thoroughly convinced that...

Someone, somewhere, once upon a time, threw a handful of glitter in the air and that glitter is still torturing all of us in our everyday lives!
Glitter NEVER goes away. It will haunt you always and forever!
I offer as evidence the fact that I picked a piece of glitter off my face the other day and I have NOT allowed glitter in my house for at least 10 years! :evil:

That being said, glitter washes off (into the twilight zone where it waits for the right moment to come back and torture you out of the corner of your eye just waiting and biding it's time until it can take over the world). :D

I feel the same way about Lawn Gnomes, but in my case I encourage them!

I don't use glitter, but I do use a gold mica and a silver one and they do look nice.

I'll be using glitter on the top of my soap - why ? because I can :lol:

Having said that a friend just emailed me telling me she's still getting glitter and stars drop out of a card I sent her many years ago. Told her - you won't forget me then. hehe

I (nearly)always put glitter in my cards I send for that reason. Most open them on the lawn because they're boobie trapped. Sometimes I leave it out just to keep them on their toes. hahaha

So now they're going to get soap glitter . :twisted:

Relle.

Love all the responses. I also scrapbook, and am addicted to glitter glue for that (no glitter all over the place, only permanently on my clothes :wink: ) I was thinking of making some cupcake soaps for my students next year for their birthdays (nothing like thinking ahead), and using jojoba beads and glitter on the "frosting", along with a candle (which, since it is paraffin wax, won't saponify, so I can stick it in while the frosting soap is soft). I'm hoping they would actually use them, not just stick them somewhere.

My students this year are getting soapsicles at the end of the year.

I have been referred to as the glitter queen, sparkle queen, etc. I glitter almost all my soaps and people ask where it is if I leave it off. I use it when making soap and use the soap after making it and have yet to find glitter around the house. The only problem I ran into was glittering crafts, not soap.

Oooo - I just had an exciting idea - cosmetic grade, ultrafine glitter in my whipped shea butter! It's so fine, like a fine powder, you can't feel it at all. It would make your skin sparkle!!

Glitter is 8) ! A little bling is always nice! I use it in some of my lotion bars and it stays on the skin. Sparkle, Sparkle!
I've never tried it in CP soap but always on top of my M&P!

I had to avoid it, even mica, as DH used to clean his contact lenses and swore that the glittery bits from the bathroom were tearing them. I don't know whether mica is that bad though.. and it is pretty!

Ha!
I don't use glitter in anything.

I opened this thread thinking it was going to be that joke about the little girl who saved her glitter in a washcloth. The same washcloth used by her mother shortly before her gyno appt.

Anyway, it wasn't - so carry on. :)

Deda said:
Ha!
I don't use glitter in anything.

I opened this thread thinking it was going to be that joke about the little girl who saved her glitter in a washcloth. The same washcloth used by her mother shortly before her gyno appt.

Anyway, it wasn't - so carry on. :)

I got that story in my email inbox Deda. Tears were pouring down my face as I read it and laughed my head off. :lol:

ETA the email so everyone can laugh.

I was due for an appointment with the gynaecologist later in the week. Early one morning, I received a call from the doctor's office to tell me that I had been rescheduled for that morning at 9:30 am.

I had only just packed everyone off to work and school, and it was already around 8:45 am.

The trip to his office took about 35 minutes, so I didn't have any time to spare.

As most women do, I like to take a little extra effort over hygiene when making such visits, but this time I wasn't going to be able to make the full effort.

So, I rushed upstairs, threw off my pyjamas, wet the washcloth that was sitting next to the sink, and gave myself a quick wash in that area to make sure I was at least presentable.

I threw the washcloth in the clothes basket, donned some clothes, hopped in the car and raced to my appointment.

I was in the waiting room for only a few minutes when I was called in.

Knowing the procedure, as I'm sure you do, I hopped up on the table, looked over at the other side of the room and pretended that I was in Paris or some other place a million miles away.

I was a little surprised when the doctor said, "My, we have made an extra effort this morning, haven't we?"

I didn't respond.

After the appointment, I heaved a sigh of relief and went home. The rest of the day was normal . Some shopping, cleaning, cooking.

After school when my 6 year old daughter was playing, she called out from the bathroom, "Mummy, where's my washcloth?"

I told her to get another one from the cupboard.

She replied, "No, I need the one that was here by the sink, it had all my glitter and sparkles saved inside it."

NEVER going back to that doctor .... ever!!

Latest posts

Back