Three or Fewer fragrances

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's just sad about the sandalwood. My favorite candle is Egyptian Sandalwood by Village Candles. I assume it's a FO. I ordered a sandalwood FO when I first started soaping, hoping for that candle smell but no - it smells like baby powder to me. Not just baby powder, that might be okay, but like baby powder that's been steeped in some nauseating flowery sweet stuff. Ick.

I'm liking lime a whole lot - really fresh and clean but not like fake clean. I also love peppermint and I don't think I had ever smelled Bergamot until a few weeks ago but I'm liking it too.

That's just sad about the sandalwood. My favorite candle is Egyptian Sandalwood by Village Candles. I assume it's a FO. I ordered a sandalwood FO when I first started soaping, hoping for that candle smell but no - it smells like baby powder to me. Not just baby powder, that might be okay, but like baby powder that's been steeped in some nauseating flowery sweet stuff. Ick.

I'm liking lime a whole lot - really fresh and clean but not like fake clean. I also love peppermint and I don't think I had ever smelled Bergamot until a few weeks ago but I'm liking it too.

If it smells like baby powder, then it's an fo. A lot of Sandalwood fo's have that sweet baby powder smell.

These are MY favorites...

Peak's- Lilac, Indiana Candle Supplies- Love Spell & Coffee Bean

Scratch the 5x sweet orange. It turned a batch of my lavender soap...green.... :mad:

When I use no color other than 5X sweet orange EO, my soap is a nice pastel yellow. So a soap with some types of blue colorants would turn green when adding orange EO.

The leaves of the lavender plant are green.....

Any mint or mint mix like rosemary and mint or herb and mint. Sandelwood or patcholie mix of some type. M 3rd would be spice type like apple spice or pine xmas type.

The reason for the mixes is that you get more for less. More variety in the smell not quantity.

Any mint or mint mix like rosemary and mint or herb and mint. Sandelwood or patcholie mix of some type. M 3rd would be spice type like apple spice or pine xmas type.

The reason for the mixes is that you get more for less. More variety in the smell not quantity.

Good point one of my reasons for asking was to determine the best/most useful oils for blending. While I'm not a lavender fan, in looking at labels and soap descriptions, it seems to be very popular for blending with other fragrances. For my $$, tea tree seems to be great. It works all by itself plus blends well with lots of other oils. It cuts the syrupy sweet in florals, adds clean/therapeutic notes to herbs. It even provides a layer of complexity to citrus. But I know everyone smells differently. Er...you know what I mean.

Back