What's going on with my lotion bars?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up some items from Shay & Co yesterday (so lucky to have them local!) and inquired about cera bellina. She suggested using Laurel Wax rather than the CB to avoid graininess and add smoothness to lotion bars. She didn't think it needed to be a full beeswax replacement, and didn't offer an exact percent to use, suggesting experimenting to see what worked best.
Tricky part for me is that the graininess/fat bloom doesn't occur for weeks to months after I make the bars (depending on weather and storage conditions).

I picked up some items from Shay & Co yesterday (so lucky to have them local!) and inquired about cera bellina. She suggested using Laurel Wax rather than the CB to avoid graininess and add smoothness to lotion bars. She didn't think it needed to be a full beeswax replacement, and didn't offer an exact percent to use, suggesting experimenting to see what worked best.
Tricky part for me is that the graininess/fat bloom doesn't occur for weeks to months after I make the bars (depending on weather and storage conditions).
Please let us know how it works. I am envious that Shay and Company is local to you. Although now that I’m thinking about it, it’s probably a good thing they are not nearby, I could be in trouble quickly. 😬

Latest posts

Back