Soggy soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neve

Reaction score
I decided to address the issue of my soggy soaps in the shower. They've been sitting on a shelf that doesn't drain well. I look forward to seeing how much longer they last with my new soap hammock.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1383540464.060225.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

Tested over three showers now. It's working great.

Neve did you make it or purchase it? That hammock would make great presents for my family and friends.

I made it. If I sell soaps down the road I will likely sell these too as it works so well to keep the soap dry. I think my soap is going to last so much longer, I'm curious as to how long. My shampoo bar has lost it's ash but looks lovely in the shower with the walnut swirl. I love my bar and my soap hammock!

That is SERIOUSLY cool. Just this morning a friend was telling me that with the 1970s terrariums being back, she figures it's just a matter of time before those hanging crocheted contraptions are back that used to hold house plants (forget what they're called). This is so perfectly retro - absolutely love it! :)

You might want to try the same thing out of plastic yarn (purchased or made out of plastic bags). I use the same thing in the shower all the time, and it really extends the life of my soap. The plastic doesn't hold any water at all, whereas the cotton yarn will get a little soggy. And I just rinse the holder under the water every once in a while, but you could throw it in the washer too if you wanted.

Where it's hung the water doesn't hit it so it stays pretty dry. And it matches the washcloth :)

Back