SMF September 2024 Challenge - Feathered Mantra Swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@justsomeguy , I'm sorry your last batch didn't work out. If I had made soap as nice as your first batch, I would have waited to see if I liked the next one better! I like your confidence and work ethic, too! Maybe just submit what you thought was a failure? After all that work, it seems like you should get to vote!!

Yeah. I cut it to soon. I was very eager to see my handy work.

Air bubbles. I had tons of them cause I poured the white to thin and stick blended it in the moldšŸ¤Æ
Now that I think of it, I think that has happened to me too. I've even had whole corners stay in the mold :( If little pieces crumble, I try to smooth them back on. I guess the real remedy is patience. But patience can be so hard ! Well, your soap still looked great!

@justsomeguy , I'm sorry your last batch didn't work out. If I had made soap as nice as your first batch, I would have waited to see if I liked the next one better!
I waited like 12 hours! It was an eternityšŸ¤£
I like your confidence and work ethic, too!
I recently learned to appreciate all of me. Confidence new to me. It's more naivety than confidence thoughšŸ˜
Maybe just submit what you thought was a failure?
Nope. I have displayed it to the public though and it's much appreciatedšŸ˜ below is a happy accident completely unplanned
1000015516.jpg

After all that work, it seems like you should get to vote!!
I think voting is the hardest part of this šŸ¤£

@justsomeguy I think your swirl turned out beautiful! I'm working with natural colorants which requires me to do more math and multiple mini batches of oils and lye solution to get some of the colors I want. I didn't have the brain power not to mess it all up late last night so I just made sure my recipe was configured to the shrunken down size of my mold and got my log mold set up and ready to go. You would be shocked at the amount of time and rudimentary engineering that went into this. I'll make my lye solutions and oils during lunch today so I can combine and pour late this afternoon or early this evening.

Last edited:
@justsomeguy I think your swirl turned out beautiful! I'm working with natural colorants which requires me to do more math and multiple mini batches of oils and lye solution to get some of the colors I want. I didn't have the brain power not to mess it all up late last night so I just made sure my recipe was configured to the shrunken down size of my mold and got my log mold set up and ready to go. You would be shocked at the amount if time and rudimentary engineering that went into this. I'll make my lye solutions and oils during lunch today so I can combine and pour late this afternoon or early this evening.
I did the same so I totally get it. I have 10 little bowls to clean up nowšŸ˜³

My final attempt appears to be a disaster. šŸ˜­

Doesn't look like I'll have an entry. šŸ˜­

Pouring pitcher really matters when you're free handing stuffšŸ˜­
For a disaster, I rather like itšŸ˜

My niece had been low key asking for activated charcoal soap so this loaf is for her.

100% HO sunflower oil.
I've been chasing fire in these challenges so I used activated charcoal for black/grey (.25 teaspoons in 1/3 of the oil) and 10% Himalayan rhubarb infused oil in another third.
1000015591.jpg

Hello all. New to the forum, although I use the abundance of info in here a lot.
My wknd was stupid chaotic but I managed to get a soap done. I found a pumpkin embed that I had forgotten about while rearranging and threw a soap together for it. Fingers crossed I can cut it.
Then I got impatient and tried out my peppermint and menthol soap(not anywhere near cured). I love the cooling sensation!

I'll be reading up on the new technique as well to give it a whirl down the road. Happy soaping y'all!

Attachments

• 20240922_160502.jpg
    20240922_160502.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240922_162333.jpg
    20240922_162333.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240915_093759.jpg
    20240915_093759.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
Back