SMF July 2024 Challenge - Woodgrain Designs

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Posting my poor attempts here before I forget. Going to the aquarium tomorrow with friends who are in town.

I get that woodgrain isn't my thing. Seeing as out of 6 attempts, the only decent soap was the FO accelerated one that had to be plopped into the mould.

I liked this blue colour but the grain just wasn't distinct enough.

IMG-20240726-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20240726-WA0004.jpg

More rotting wood soap.
IMG-20240726-WA0006.jpg

Posting my poor attempts here before I forget. Going to the aquarium tomorrow with friends who are in town.

I get that woodgrain isn't my thing. Seeing as out of 6 attempts, the only decent soap was the FO accelerated one that had to be plopped into the mould.

I liked this blue colour but the grain just wasn't distinct enough.

View attachment 78341View attachment 78342

More rotting wood soap.
View attachment 78346
I'm loving the reclaimed wood look you have there!

@DeeBeeSNJ - I see your pics but if it helps, when you insert your photo, you have a few options.
As is (like yours now) where people see a tiny picture to click on to enlarge
Or
Left side of photo image says “insert” and you can pick “thumbnail” (recommended for most to easily view)
Or
Left side of photo image says “insert” and you can pick “full image”
HTH 😊

@DeeBeeSNJ - I see your pics but if it helps, when you insert your photo, you have a few options.
As is (like yours now) where people see a tiny picture to click on to enlarge
Or
Left side of photo image says “insert” and you can pick “thumbnail” (recommended for most to easily view)
Or
Left side of photo image says “insert” and you can pick “full image”
HTH 😊
Thank you for sharing this information @dmcgee5034. I had no idea!

Back