Show ~n~ Tell Challenge - Soap Inspired by a Song From The Year You Were Born

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I FINALLY found where to post this... This was supposed to be my soap for that challenge, but I've got to show it to you now. The song I chose was "I Fall to Pieces" by Patsy Cline circa 1961. The inspiration was a smoky honky tonk where you go to drown our sorrows. Here it is. I hope you like it. Maybe I'll do another if the challenge is still on. BTW, these are scented with bergamot and lemon EOs.

Smoky.JPG

Last edited:
I love the soap DW, and they match the clock so well! Well done!

thefarmerdaughter – the soap looked wonderful before you smooched it but I think it was really creative of you to come up with the idea to shape it. It really does look like rocks! I was always told cheaters never win but I think you just proved this old adage false.

Second Impression – Beautiful job! I think it looks like the sun setting in a tropical sea. You may think the sky isn’t anything special but I really like it. Just a suggestion – if you change the color of the sun to pale yellowish white, it would look like the moon over the ocean.

DWinMadison – Beautiful soap and I love the swirls in it. The inner swirl section looks like a flower. Another one in which you can change colors and get a different look.

I picked a song which I'd never heard of for my soap idea - "Sugar Bee". I thought it would be great for a sugar soap scrub. They didn't want to stay together the first time I made them so I had to add more soap and sugar.

The first picture shows the color better and in the second picture you can see the bee a little better.

Sugar Bee Scrubby Soap.jpg

Sugar Bee Scrubby Soap 2.jpg

thefarmerdaughter – the soap looked wonderful before you smooched it but I think it was really creative of you to come up with the idea to shape it. It really does look like rocks! I was always told cheaters never win but I think you just proved this old adage false.

Second Impression – Beautiful job! I think it looks like the sun setting in a tropical sea. You may think the sky isn’t anything special but I really like it. Just a suggestion – if you change the color of the sun to pale yellowish white, it would look like the moon over the ocean.

DWinMadison – Beautiful soap and I love the swirls in it. The inner swirl section looks like a flower. Another one in which you can change colors and get a different look.

I picked a song which I'd never heard of for my soap idea - "Sugar Bee". I thought it would be great for a sugar soap scrub. They didn't want to stay together the first time I made them so I had to add more soap and sugar.

The first picture shows the color better and in the second picture you can see the bee a little better.
those sugar scrubs look awesome! i would love to do those someday. :p

There have been some awesome soaps posted so far! Here's mine, Bob Seger -Like a Rock (1986) I kinda cheated , I just used scraps from a loaf I was already making. I shaped them into 'rock' forms ran under water till smooth and sprayed w/ alcohol. But it was fun, playing with smoochy soap is like playing w/ playdough. I may make soap rock outta all my scraps from now on! Oh, it's scented with lime and tee tree EO.

Both the rocks and the bars are absolutely incredible.

I'm a SCUBA diver. These look like brain coral.

Um, yeah, the title of the thread kinda says it all :)

I made a soap inspired by the song "Midnight Blue" by Melissa Manchester (1975). I was going to try a zebra swirl but failed miserably. However, it was a successful use of tussah silk for the first time and CPOP as well. It was oily when it first came out of the mold, but it's perfect now! The scent is White Tea & Ginger because I like the unexpected (delicate scent with dramatic color)

midnight1_zps3801c415.jpg

midnight2_zpse6b6f0f2.jpg

Looks like some type of jewel in the raw rock form...like amethyst. Incredibley artful.

Last edited:
That is a wonderful looking soap! It looks nice with the edges so perfect on it :)

1984, Sweet Dreams by the Eurythmics.

I tried to use 7 ingredients to represent the "7 Seas" but my math got a little off:
1. Coconut milk
2. Parsley (green colorant)
3. Roman Chamomile EO and Lavender EO
4. Shea Butter
5. Coconut oil
6. Castor oil
7. Pomace olive oil that has been infused with chamomile buds for 3 weeks

and since "Everybody's looking for something" there's lye in there too!

Since I couldn't wait any longer, I unmolded this morning and it was a little soft still, but I couldn't wait any longer!

P1020030 (2).jpg

Back