Show ~n~ Tell Challenge - Soap Inspired by a Song From The Year You Were Born

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing what you all have done so far! Here's mine, some of you saw them when I posted them in time for Valentine's Day, but they really were for this challenge - here is Hearts of Glass by Blondie. Scented with Strawberries & Champagne from Crafter's Choice:

Hearts1.jpg

Hearts2.jpg

I can't believe I forgot about this challenge! **** it, man!
I had planned on "Smoke On The Water" (Deep Purple - 1973)...what's the deadline?

Oh, I am really loving these soaps! The Moondance is fantastic, Dianne! I love the creativity with Heart of Glass, Mel! I am a huge music fan, so something that mixes music and soap making is simply amazing to me. It is going to have me thinking about making a whole line of soaps based on song titles...

Wow.....love all of the soaps so far...the colours of midnight blue, the colours of good vibrations, heart of glass is fantastic, & I love tutti fruitti :D All very talented :D

There have been some awesome soaps posted so far! Here's mine, Bob Seger -Like a Rock (1986) I kinda cheated , I just used scraps from a loaf I was already making. I shaped them into 'rock' forms ran under water till smooth and sprayed w/ alcohol. But it was fun, playing with smoochy soap is like playing w/ playdough. I may make soap rock outta all my scraps from now on! Oh, it's scented with lime and tee tree EO.

DSCF0013.jpg

I can't believe I forgot about this challenge! **** it, man!
I had planned on "Smoke On The Water" (Deep Purple - 1973)...what's the deadline?

A&A...what month? I am a '73 baby as well!

I'd like to reserve "Dancing in then Moonlight" By King Harvest for mine. I do not know if I will be able to get mine done before the end of the month but I will try.

IMAG0138.jpg

Mine was The Beach Boys "Kokomo" (1988 ) . Zebra swirl + ombre (the lighter blue) on the bottom, the sun is from a paper towel roll and nothing special for the sky. The sky was supposed to be aqua blue but BB's "aqua pearl" is obviously on the green side, that's what I get for not double checking before using it! I was really worried at first about my layers wanting to come apart but they have held up just fine after being in the kitchen soap dish for a few days. Super proud of myself for pulling this off, it was a definite challenge for my skill level :-D Oh, and it's scented with Peru Balsam and Sweet Orange EO's, smells just like a Dreamsicle, nom!

So cool to see everyone's soaps, they're all beautiful!

Wow, the soap rocks are awesome... Wonderful creativity! And the Kokomo is lovely as well, very well put together. I am glad I don't have to be a judge and pick out my favorite of these!

These are all beautiful soaps. I realized that I'm now a geezer....yikes!

Tutti Frutti, dianne's full moon and 2nd Impression's setting sun, ya'll are making me crazy! I love the embeds! I've got to try it. I have some green apple Fo, I wonder if I can shape my embed's to look like apples...

Back