Printing Product Labels at Home

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whosgirl

Reaction score
I know many of you print your labels at home. And was hoping for a recommendation, I have finally taken the
plunge and am starting to sell my soaps etc. I've ticked all the boxes concerning selling to the public. I am
printing my labels at home, however I've came to a sticking point when it comes to labels for products you can
take into the shower (foming sugar scrubs that sort of thing) paper labels won't do and printing on waterproof glossy labels
with my ink jet printer the black ink smudges. I do have labels printed on glossy labels from some months ago that
still smudge.

I have read that toner/lazer prints would be more successful at printing water proof labels. Printing from Avery etc would
be too costly. In your experience what are your thoughts.

I will only buy a lazer printer if I have too, not just to try and see if it will work.

Many thanks fellow soapers
Have a blessed day

How exciting for you!

Have you checked the prices at OnlineLabels.com, both unprinted and preprinted? I find their prices are very reasonable for a small to mid-sized seller.

Before you invest in a printer, it might be worth trying their preprinted labels (which you design in their software, or use your own). If you end up selling enough products needing specialized labels to justify buying a printer, then you can switch to buying the unprinted labels from them.

Good luck with your sales!

Latest posts

Back