Is this rude?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do feel that unsolicited advice is generally rude, even if given politely. If someone wants advice they will ask, anymore I don't offer advice unless I see something dangerous.

I use FB groups a lot, some are very toxic, some are really good, most fall in the middle. I often skip giving advice there though. When there are tons of incorrect answers, people won't listen to one or two answers that are different.

I donā€™t think itā€™s rude to offer advice, especially if itā€™s going to save someone some heartache. I think about newbies posting photos of first soaps that are on metal racks.
I also think sometimes people donā€™t like getting advice at first, but then later have an insight about what was said and end up learning something.
I'm new - need to know more about the metal racks thing!! I have metal racks painted black - will it do something to the soap?

@
I'm new - need to know more about the metal racks thing!! I have metal racks painted black - will it do something to the soap?
Youā€™ll want to put something (I use 2 sheets parchment paper) between your soap and the metal racks to avoid DOS. Even painted ones because paint can chip or get compromised. HTH šŸ„°

Latest posts

Back