How to make a fragrance/perfume oil?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheabutterbabe233

Reaction score
Hi there everyone!

Does anyone know how to make a fragrance oil that can be used on the skin or like a perfume oil? Nemat has a very popular one called Vanilla Musk Fragrance Oil. I have a few fragrance oils that I have purchased for making body butters and the like, however, I'd like to blend them to make a fragrance oil that can be used on the skin like the Nemat one. I tested this out by mixing some FO's in a carrier oil (Almond oil) and I really liked it, but I want to make sure it's safe before I start selling it. I believe my ratio was 20% FO to 80% Carrier oil. Does anyone know if this is correct? If I want it to smell stronger, what number can I safely go up to in FO's? Lastly, if I want to add a little essential oil, would this make it unsafe to wear on your skin and casually go out into the sun (not sunbathe or anything) Can anyone offer any tips? Thanks so much!

Fragrance and essential oils all have their own, specific usage rates. You need to check the IFRA safe usage rates for the category of the product you are making for each individual fragrance you are using. You also will need to check if there is anything else required by Canada to be aware of when formulating. Especially so if you are selling.

Latest posts

Back