Fragrance Oils that discolor hmmmmmm

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gigishiree

Reaction score
My question is does anyone intentionally use FO to achieve a specific color? If the FO is added at the beginning of the cook will the scent 'cook out' so I can add my prefered FO before molding?

The reason i ask is i saw a post about Paris Twilight making soap blue. And it was a very pretty blue but I dont care for the scent (I got three bottles as freebies with my peak sample orders)

I think that person colored their soap blue and the inside was blue because it hadn't been exposed to air yet. The outside of the soap, if I'm remembering the picture correctly, was definitely brown. I wonder if there is an FO that discolors a soap anything other than brown or variations of brown (or doesn't discolor at all). Has anyone had that happen?

newbie said:
I think that person colored their soap blue and the inside was blue because it hadn't been exposed to air yet. The outside of the soap, if I'm remembering the picture correctly, was definitely brown. I wonder if there is an FO that discolors a soap anything other than brown or variations of brown (or doesn't discolor at all). Has anyone had that happen?

ohhhhhh. oh well - it was worth a try!

Sweetcakes has a FO called "Sexy Man" that can't wait to try! The description sounds yummy...AND they claim that it discolors to a purple in CP soaps!! I'll let you know when I try it...

cerelife said:
Sweetcakes has a FO called "Sexy Man" that can't wait to try! The description sounds yummy...AND they claim that it discolors to a purple in CP soaps!! I'll let you know when I try it...
That sounds interesting!

Back