What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All you guys making soap that you say looks like baby poop 🤣. Let me reassure you.
I have a baby and your soap looks a lot better than her poop. 😂
🤣

I played with using an imprint mat on the bottom of my single-soap mold. I think I’ll dribble some white soap batter on the top to infill it next time I make soap :)
Total cool!

Managed to make the second in my Star Trek series soaps today. Hopefully the embeds didn’t float around too much. Had to get up early to do it because I can’t do anything after doing 3 1.5hr deep tissue massage therapy sessions.

Attachments

• IMG_7117.jpeg
    IMG_7117.jpeg
    1.8 MB
So anyhoo, it's been a minute. I'm only like 20 pages behind on this thread, yikes-kers!

I just took advantage of Bramble Berry's 20% off essential oils sale. Ends today, people.

Also, a friend came to visit. She and her business partner host yoga retreats at a woodland resort. Instead of buying my soap ( :( ) for each guest room, they want to make soap themselves ( :) ). She said she went on the interwebs, got completely overwhelmed, and said I'm just going to go talk to Zing. I walked her through the basics, followed by written instructions, and I'll invite her over to watch next time I make a batch. Which I REALLY need, my inventory hasn't been this low ever. I'm now using my fugly soaps.

I made cheddar cheese...no sorry, I made soap that looks like cheddar cheese, LOL!
The mica was one teaspoon of yellow and two teaspoons of orange. Trying to get a color to complement a Pink Grapefruit fragrance. looks Like I missed the mark. It looked good when I mixed it. Oh well. I wrote "SOAP" onto my end bits so my husband wouldn't put it in a sandwich. You have to just laugh sometimes :--) I like the recipe and the fragrance so it won't go to waste, just disappointed in the strong resemblance to something in my fridge.

Attachments

• cheddar soap.jpg
    cheddar soap.jpg
    86.2 KB
Well, I don’t think it’s going to look quite like I’d imagined, but I think it’ll be fun! The embeds which are supposed to symbolize the rank insignia may have floated around a bit and won’t be as even spaced as I’d hoped. But whatevs. Soaps gonna soap!!
Glad I made some gold because I was going to do plain black, but I think this will be more balanced. The waiting is the hardest part!

Attachments

• IMG_7194.jpeg
    IMG_7194.jpeg
    2.2 MB
  • IMG_7193.jpeg
    IMG_7193.jpeg
    2.1 MB
The poop is no more😍
View attachment 79374
Wow, that's quite a change! It DID make chocolate color!

I use cocoa powder for chocolate. Gave some milk chocolate peppermint soap to my friend. She sniffed it and asked what I used to make it smell like chocolate. I never noticed chocolate smell in that soap, just peppermint essential oil and chocolate color. Last time I made it, I left some scented batter uncolored and I can smell a little difference between the white and chocolate. So I guess maybe the cocoa powder adds a hint of chocolate smell to the soap! I'll try reducing the amount of peppermint in the next batch and see if the chocolate smell comes through better. You'll have to design an M&M's soap.😄

Wow, that's quite a change! It DID make chocolate color!

The fragrance also has a high vanillin content. I think the two came together nicely!

I use cocoa powder for chocolate.
I have some dutched powder I intend to try eventually.

Gave some milk chocolate peppermint soap to my friend. She sniffed it and asked what I used to make it smell like chocolate. I never noticed chocolate smell in that soap, just peppermint essential oil and chocolate color. Last time I made it, I left some scented batter uncolored and I can smell a little difference between the white and chocolate.
I have an unscented soap with cocoa butter in it. People swear they smell the cocoa but to me it's just soap smell.
So I guess maybe the cocoa powder adds a hint of chocolate smell to the soap!
🤞🏿
I'll try reducing the amount of peppermint in the next batch and see if the chocolate smell comes through better. You'll have to design an M&M's soap.😄
And have a red and yellow hanger swirly things going on 🤣

I worked 2 markets this weekend. One was awesome. The other was a complete waste of time, I told my son who helps me. He said, "Mom, it wasn't a waste of time. We got to spend time together." How sweet. I am having knee replacement surgery soon and I can't lift tables and canopies, so he is a great help. At least I made my vendor booth fee back and a tad more, but the heat was 97 yesterday. Oh, and we had Karaoke, so you know how fun that was, LOL. ;)

I worked 2 markets this weekend. One was awesome. The other was a complete waste of time, I told my son who helps me. He said, "Mom, it wasn't a waste of time. We got to spend time together." How sweet. I am having knee replacement surgery soon and I can't lift tables and canopies, so he is a great help. At least I made my vendor booth fee back and a tad more, but the heat was 97 yesterday. Oh, and we had Karaoke, so you know how fun that was, LOL. ;)

That's so special! So sweet of your son.

Back