Opinions on Gift Basket creation for Christmas sales?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been trying to decide what to do. A couple years ago, I did one that was all cookies. It had a bar of soap, 2 different flavors lip balm, a bath bomb, a lotion, shampoo and conditioner. They sold very well.

This year, I want to do one with a soap, two flavors of lip balm, two bath bombs, body butter, wax melts and possibly sugar scrub.

What I'm having a problem with is the fragrance. I have peppermint milkshake (yummy) and I could make the entire thing that fragrance but it sounds like fragrance overload. I also have fragrances Balsam Fir, Pike's Peak, Bamboo and Teakwood, Cocoa Butter Cashmere, Eggnog, Gingerbread, Iced Vanilla Woods, Teakwood and Coconut, Pink Sands, a couple that are citrus based, and others.

What do you think? Should I make it all peppermint milkshake? Part peppermint milkshake? A mix of different fragrances? Ones devoted to one fragrance each? Alot of these, I only have 2 oz of except for the cocoa butter cashmere and peppermint milkshake. What do you think?

What does it smell like to you? Name it that - Cozy Cashmere or something on that order. In a gift basket, I kind of like when the fragrance is the same across the products, but that might be just me.

I'm in the middle. I like it when a fragrance is the same across all products OR when two fragrances work together as a bouquet that complements each other.

Since you have a lot of the peppermint as well as the cashmere, but little of the others, I would create two gift baskets, one that is primarily peppermint with perhaps one of your lesser quantity FOs that compliments peppermint, and the other (rename it something festive like Dibbles mentions) and include something in the basket that compliments that. It doesn't have to be a 50/50 split... but a nice surprise of something different but along the theme with the other primary fragrance.

I would go with a mix of a couple of fragrances with Christmas themed names.
e.g. Candy Cane (Peppermint Milkshake), Gingerbread House (Gingerbread), Christmas Tree (Balsam Fir) etc.
I would probably avoid peppermint for a body butter but would probably like cocoa butter or vanilla. That is just my personal opinion.

I wish my computer had smell-o-vision because those fragrances sound amazing.

I would go with a mix of a couple of fragrances with Christmas themed names.
e.g. Candy Cane (Peppermint Milkshake), Gingerbread House (Gingerbread), Christmas Tree (Balsam Fir) etc.
I would probably avoid peppermint for a body butter but would probably like cocoa butter or vanilla. That is just my personal opinion.

I wish my computer had smell-o-vision because those fragrances sound amazing.
I do have vanilla lol. Thank you.

Latest posts

Back