What Bath & Body Thing Have You Done Today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished a large batch of lotions in several different scents. They are all poured into their 4oz containers and ready for labeling tomorrow. Also up tomorrow will be a batch of lip balms, which should go pretty quickly. That's everything needed for the retreat, so I can turn my attention to restocking my house with LS, deo, and shampoo bars. Whew!

I made a thick cream using the DIY BB concentrate. I added honey, colloidal oats, IPM and hydrolyzed protein. It’s much thicker than lotions I have made before and I think I’m really going to love it.
I’m so happy I bought that formula. It’s so easy to whip up a small batch of lotion.
Me too! I love it!

One of my friends put in a special order for 8 jars of the Foaming Bath Butter, 2 jars of Avocado Mint Foot Cream, and a bunch of lip balms. I made up a batch of the FBB Base yesterday (another fabulous DIY B&B recipe) and made 11 jars of the whipped body wash after work today (four different fragrances). The Avocado Mint Foot Cream is made with the DIY B&B lotion concentrate and the lip balm is a recipe I got from Voyageur years ago.

One of my friends put in a special order for 8 jars of the Foaming Bath Butter, 2 jars of Avocado Mint Foot Cream, and a bunch of lip balms. I made up a batch of the FBB Base yesterday (another fabulous DIY B&B recipe) and made 11 jars of the whipped body wash after work today (four different fragrances). The Avocado Mint Foot Cream is made with the DIY B&B lotion concentrate and the lip balm is a recipe I got from Voyageur years ago.
That’s awesome, for me that would be a lot of product to put together in an evening! 😂 If I do two batches of stuff in a whole day that’s a challenge, well except lip balm or lotion bars. Love how quickly those go together.
This may seem like a silly question but I keep hearing the accolades for the foaming bath butter, how is it used? Is it scooped out of the container and rubbed on your skin? In the bath or shower? Does it work like a bubble bath? So many questions. 😂

That’s awesome, for me that would be a lot of product to put together in an evening! 😂 If I do two batches of stuff in a whole day that’s a challenge, well except lip balm or lotion bars. Love how quickly those go together.
This may seem like a silly question but I keep hearing the accolades for the foaming bath butter, how is it used? Is it scooped out of the container and rubbed on your skin? In the bath or shower? Does it work like a bubble bath? So many questions. 😂
The Foaming Bath Butter base can be used to make a whipped bath soap. My friend loves it because almost all other soap makes her itchy, sometimes to the point of bleeding (she scratches without even realizing she's doing it). The base is whipped with added oil(s), fragrance, and colour then piped into tubs. A small scoop on a bath puff is enough to wash your entire body. And, bonus, the final body wash is the right pH for shampoo so it can be a full body wash, head to toe. My daughter uses it as her primary shampoo on her coloured hair and loves it. Between my daughter and my friend, I can't make enough.

The base can also be used to make scrubs (sugar scrubs, salt scrubs). The booklet has a recipe for a Tea Tree & Spearmint Facial Scrub. It's awesome and your skin feels so good after using it. As far as I'm concerned, the Lotion Concentrate and the Foaming Bath Butter are two of the must have recipes.

Here's a pic of the four "flavours". From left to right: Satsuma, Energy, Green Apple, and Lavender. The open sample pot is Energy.

IMG_20240914_071840859.jpg

The Foaming Bath Butter base can be used to make a whipped bath soap. My friend loves it because almost all other soap makes her itchy, sometimes to the point of bleeding (she scratches without even realizing she's doing it). The base is whipped with added oil(s), fragrance, and colour then piped into tubs. A small scoop on a bath puff is enough to wash your entire body. And, bonus, the final body wash is the right pH for shampoo so it can be a full body wash, head to toe. My daughter uses it as her primary shampoo on her coloured hair and loves it. Between my daughter and my friend, I can't make enough.

The base can also be used to make scrubs (sugar scrubs, salt scrubs). The booklet has a recipe for a Tea Tree & Spearmint Facial Scrub. It's awesome and your skin feels so good after using it. As far as I'm concerned, the Lotion Concentrate and the Foaming Bath Butter are two of the must have recipes.

Here's a pic of the four "flavours". From left to right: Satsuma, Energy, Green Apple, and Lavender. The open sample pot is Energy.

View attachment 78967
Thank you! Now I must buy that formula. 😬 Love that picture of your products. You take beautiful product pictures. 😍

I made my own "bum bum cream". Caffeine extract, IPM, hydrolozed oats, panthenol, vit E. The oils are a mix of cupuacu, safflower, and cocoa butter. It's scented with Scent memory's Black plum & creme de cassis, so it smells darn close to the store bought ones. I poured it into this nice TJs flip top container from their own version of it. I love this container it's so easy to use, and I'm holding onto it because I haven't seen them being sold anywhere for DIYers.
1000047399.png

View attachment 78967
Looks amazing, @Misschief - I have the recipe but haven’t gotten to try it yet. Your post is tempting me! 🥰

Latest posts

Back