What Bath & Body Thing Have You Done Today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed. Another way around this is to put your container on the scale and tare it, then a 10g weight to the scale. I use 10g because it makes for easy math (a rather constant theme in my posts, in case you haven't noticed). ;)

As you start measuring your small quantities into the container, the scale tends to register them more easily because it already has 10g on it. Just remember to subtract the 10g from your final weight.
Oh, yes - this is a good one. I need to remember this! 😊

Decided to play around with the DIY lotion concentrate recipe from Etsy. Made 2 batches one with IPM and the other with dimethicone. Decided the IPM absorbed just a little faster than the dimethicone but both felt about the same. Guess a bunch of family members are getting lotion this week 🤣
Lucky family members!!

Decided to play around with the DIY lotion concentrate recipe from Etsy. Made 2 batches one with IPM and the other with dimethicone. Decided the IPM absorbed just a little faster than the dimethicone but both felt about the same. Guess a bunch of family members are getting lotion this week 🤣
Thanks for sharing this! I am planning on making a batch of concentrate today and was considering adding IPM or dimethicone. Now I will use IPM first. I really like the concentrate and am experimenting on how to get less soaping.

Tried a bunch of stuff for my baby's eczema and nothing seemed to work (several things actually made it worse).
Finally broke down and made some lotion with breastmilk instead of water I only made about 3-4oz. Don't think I'll ever do it again (too much work and took a lot of mental fortitude to get over the ick factor).
Fingers crossed it works otherwise it might be prescription stuff for us.
1000004271.jpg

Last edited:
Tried a bunch of stuff for my baby's eczema and nothing seemed to work (several things actually made it worse).
Finally broke down and made some lotion with breastmilk instead of water I only made about 3-4oz. Don't think I'll ever do it again (too much work and took a lot of mental fortitude to get over the ick factor).
Fingers crossed it works otherwise it might be prescription stuff for us.
View attachment 78533
Please let us know if it works. My sister in laws daughter has a son with an eczema. Wondering if this might help.

Made the larger batch of body wash and it turned out a lot thicker than the first small batch. It went through a hard test run at our house over a week time as we had a house guest, but everyone who used it liked it. Our house guest really liked it, so she took the bottle home with her. The only critique was "it could be a little bit thicker" so I'm going to tweak the water and glycerin about 2% (I tend to make tweaks in small percentages because I've learned that it doesn't take as much as I think it should to change a formula). The body wash is not stripping, but I worry that too much change in glycerin will make it take too much from the skin. [gah, I hope that makes sense... it's Monday]

I also did a version of a conditioner bar based on one of Humblebee and Me's recipes, and it's great for detangling, soft, smooth, shiny hair on day 1, but day 2 my hair dries out, so it's not working with my wash schedule. I'm going to do some tweaks on that as well - right now I'm using CO and Mango butter, so I'm reducing the amount of CO to increase the mango butter. Hoping that will stretch out the day 1 affects to day 2.

Still waiting for drier weather conditions so that I can get back to playing with bath fizzies.

Please let us know if it works. My sister in laws daughter has a son with an eczema. Wondering if this might help.
It has help more so than other lotions but still not helping as much as I would like. I try and give each lotion/cream/product a week or 2 before making any judgements. Routine doc appt on Monday, guess we'll see what they say.

Last edited:
I'm waiting for my daughter, grandson, and son-in-law to arrive and don't want tomake a mess in the kitchen but I decided I'd make a small batch (250 ml) of lotion geared to my aging skin. I have very dry skin and I've discovered that, as much as I like fragrance, I don't like it on me. I make a bottle of lotion (from the DIY Lotion Concentrate recipe) that's made with Aloe juice (not gel) and hyaluronic acid as part of my water phase, and additives that include panthenol, propanediol, dimethicone, sodium lactate, trehalose, sucralose, and betaine. The last three are known for helping with aging skin. I very lightly (3 drops in a 250 ml batch) scented it with Baby Powder FO. I've already tested a bit on my arms and I'm really liking it!

20240818_111755_HDR.jpg

I'm waiting for my daughter, grandson, and son-in-law to arrive and don't want tomake a mess in the kitchen but I decided I'd make a small batch (250 ml) of lotion geared to my aging skin. I have very dry skin and I've discovered that, as much as I like fragrance, I don't like it on me. I make a bottle of lotion (from the DIY Lotion Concentrate recipe) that's made with Aloe juice (not gel) and hyaluronic acid as part of my water phase, and additives that include panthenol, propanediol, dimethicone, sodium lactate, trehalose, sucralose, and betaine. The last three are known for helping with aging skin. I very lightly (3 drops in a 250 ml batch) scented it with Baby Powder FO. I've already tested a bit on my arms and I'm really liking it!

View attachment 78601
@Misschief I’m to have to drive through Kelowna one of these days just to try out some of your products! (I think you sell locally?)

Latest posts

Back