Welcome to all the Newbie Soapers!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJBJ

Reaction score
hahaha....I'm totally new...and totally excited about the soap. And with all the people on here very kindly making sure us newbies understand the lengthy requirements and ramifications-I sure am glad I'm excited about the soap (my family and friends are gonna be so clean at the holidays!!! Plus all the shopping....;) )

I'm new - have NO intention of selling it, even though everyone I give soap to thinks it's an easy way to make money. My husband tells people that my soap is really special - can only get it as a gift. I have happily taken some home grown vegetables in trade. I do not scent anything, keeping it a lot more affordable. If I keep up this pace, however, I'm going to need a lot more friends! I even take soap to the Ace Hardware staff since I'm constantly going in there for lye - don't want them get suspicious.

Maryann, if you completely run out of folks to give soap to and it starts to pile up to the point that you could build a new sofa out of stacked soap, you could contact one of your local shelters. Both the shelter for battered women and the local homeless shelter were absolutely delighted to receive boxes of soap to distribute to the people they're helping. Just a thought! =)

I will most certainly find good homes for all this soap, but I was thinking of building bookshelves with it.

ooooohhhh-what a fabulous way way to sent your house!!! And probably very pretty. ;)

TessV said:
Maryann, if you completely run out of folks to give soap to and it starts to pile up to the point that you could build a new sofa out of stacked soap, you could contact one of your local shelters. Both the shelter for battered women and the local homeless shelter were absolutely delighted to receive boxes of soap to distribute to the people they're helping. Just a thought! =)

Sorry to pop into the conversation.

You are a genius! I think that is a wonderful idea and when I make some soap that I can't seem to get out of my soap room.. that's what I will be doing!

I am not ready for all that either .. I am making and taking notes and taking a whole suitcase full back home to Iowa while I visit :) for 2 weeks

Back