Update re: Newbie Soap Making

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been making a new batch of soap every week, since Feb. 2024. Using the lyecalc.com and using a variety of oils. I've kept all of my recipes with notes, of their textures, outcomes, photos, etc. I am now (late August 2024) deciding on four recipes that I am going to repeat: so I don't have to keep "re-inventing the wheel". It's fun to be finally able to say, "I have four recipes that I like, and that are reliable." It will make soap making easier each week. With the repetition of the recipes, and with working with them. I use a fluid HP approach, using Aloe Vera Gel, no yogurt, (mostly Vegan customers) to keep the soap fluid, so I can color it, and swirl it, etc. Some weeks are better than others...but it's all in how I hold my mouth! LOL! It is a true science experiment weekly!! I'm having fun!:)

Last edited:
I've been making a new batch of soap every week, since Feb. 2024. Using the lyecalc.com and using a variety of oils. I've kept all of my recipes with notes, of their textures, outcomes, photos, etc. I am now (late August 2024) deciding on four recipes that I am going to repeat: so I don't have to keep "re-inventing the wheel". It's fun to be finally able to say, "I have four recipes that I like, and that are reliable." It will make soap making easier each week. With the repetition of the recipes, and with working with them. I use a fluid HP approach, using Aloe Vera Gel, no yogurt, (mostly Vegan customers) to keep the soap fluid, so I can color it, and swirl it, etc. Some weeks are better than others...but it's all in how I hold my mouth! LOL! It is a true science experiment weekly!! I'm having fun!:)
We have a designated Photo Gallery you can post your soap photos when you wish to share.:)

Back