Cinnamon Stick in Soap Question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

em_england17

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm about to make a Vanilla Chai CP soap and am considering purchasing cinnamon sticks to place in the soap bars for decor but was curious: am I able to use a real cinnamon stick? I see pictures of this but am hesitant and don't know if it's a real cinnamon stick or not. How do they hold up once they get wet?

Attachments

• Cinnamon_1_TBU.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Those look really cute, but for me, I always wonder how people actually use soap with things (non-dissolvable) like that sticking out of it. I’d guess the sticks get funky in the water, too, but I’m just guessing.
Maybe someone who uses things like that will reply with their experience 😊

@em_england17 , those look like real cinnamon sticks to me. Those in the picture are clearly decorative and are probably removed before actually being used in the bath.

But, cinnamon is a natural dye. My lavender buds I have used only once have stained the soap a dark color (like dark brownish) where the lavender bud sits or sat. So, I imagine if cinnamon sticks are left in the soap, even for decorative purposes, there will be some staining in the area where the cinnamon sticks sat/ sit.

This is not from experience with Cinnamon. I just happen to know that cinnamon can be used to dye some natural fabrics/fibers. So, if it can dye fabrics, it can probably stain your soap. To me, those lavender bud stains look a little messy. So, I think cinnamon stains might have the same look.

I also think cinnamon can be irritating to some people's skin. Although if it's only one stick, in one spot, probably not so much of an impact.

Those cinnamon sticks do add a nice look and a nice scent (if you like cinnamon- which I do.)

Those look really cute, but for me, I always wonder how people actually use soap with things (non-dissolvable) like that sticking out of it. I’d guess the sticks get funky in the water, too, but I’m just guessing.
Maybe someone who uses things like that will reply with their experience 😊
Sorry for going off topic @em_england17, but i just wanted to say that in New Zealand, Australia, and the UK we use the word 'funky' to describe something that's groovy - clothing, music, any sort of styling for personal attire or interior decor, etc. I'm sure it comes from the 70's use of the word.

Latest posts

Back