Three or Fewer fragrances

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lavender Luxury FO, Sun-Ripened Raspberry FO, and Peppermint EO. I can use all 3 by themselves, or I can mix them together for different scents.

Last edited:
It they are for me only & I don't have to worry about customers:

BB's Kentish Rain - It's a lovely clean ozone type scent. Plus it soaps like a dream.

NGC's Black Raspberry Vanilla - It's not perfumish & not overly vanilla like a lot of BRV's. It's dark and tart. Plus it doesn't discolor ;)

It's so hard to choose between BB's Sandalwood Vanilla & NGC's Chocolate Amber for 3rd :( But I guess I'll have to go with Chocolate Amber. It's a very warm dark amber with smooth sexy chocolate.

Based on my limited experience so far: Tea Tree Oil, Lemongrass EO, Rosemary EO All three play nicely together or alone. Tea tree has similarities to peppermint, so it can do double-duty. Lemongrass hits citrus and herbal notes. Rosemary bacause it brings a little pine/cedar to the party.

Just 3? Gerrrrrrrrr DW. I'm gonna go for it anyway and say MORE than 3 AND THEY ARE NOT FO'S! :p

Orange EO, Lavender EO, Clove EO, Lemon EO, Lemongrass EO, Peppermint EO

Why do I like thee? Orange and Lemon and lemongrass are bright and cheery, clove and peppermint remind me of the holidays, and lavender is just a comforting smell. They all pair well together too.

Last edited:
Is "money no object" is this dream scenario?
If price didn't matter, I'd choose Sandalwood, Vanilla, and Jasmine.
But since price always matters in my real world: Lavender, Patchouli, Peppermint.
My customers would choose: Lemongrass (or Litsea), Almond, and Lavender.

Is "money no object" is this dream scenario?
If price didn't matter, I'd choose Sandalwood, Vanilla, and Jasmine.
But since price always matters in my real world: Lavender, Patchouli, Peppermint.
My customers would choose: Lemongrass (or Litsea), Almond, and Lavender.

Yeah, what is the DEAL with sandalwood? Do they have to carry it by teaspoons across the buring sands of the Sahara on the back of 3-legged, virgin alpaca, or what?

Yeah, what is the DEAL with sandalwood? Do they have to carry it by teaspoons across the buring sands of the Sahara on the back of 3-legged, virgin alpaca, or what?

I think it has to be harvested by the dark of the moon by one standing on their left foot and looking over their right shoulder, wearing 7 rings on the fourth finger of their dominant hand, who has never uttered the words "holy mackerel" and comes from a long line of mystics that live on a mountain top in Tibet.

Or maybe its because of this:
http://www.edenbotanicals.com/sandalwood-essential-oil.html

Back