Surfactants...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
;) I know ! I guess we all do the same ! It is a matter of finding what we like to make the best, but also something that is not made by the hundreds locally ! In my case, there are sooo many soap makers where I live, that I gathered I wasn't going to be any better than them, and therefore the logic of it narrowed down my choices... It is a long road !
Yes, it's exciting and bit scary at the same time. I live in Chicago and there are so many people with handmade goods, etc. I want to try and get into a farmer's market or something like that, but there is so much competition. I figure I will have to do Etsy or something. The thought of having to be responsible for shipping scares me. I'm so far from it though.

Yes, it's exciting and bit scary at the same time. I live in Chicago and there are so many people with handmade goods, etc. I want to try and get into a farmer's market or something like that, but there is so much competition. I figure I will have to do Etsy or something. The thought of having to be responsible for shipping scares me. I'm so far from it though.
Don't despair ! It seems like a moutain from afar, but you can climb it step by step and things get into place slowly. We've all been there, and I still am, but trying hard to stay positive :) This forum is great for a bit a reassurance when we need it ;)

Don't despair ! It seems like a moutain from afar, but you can climb it step by step and things get into place slowly. We've all been there, and I still am, but trying hard to stay positive :) This forum is great for a bit a reassurance when we need it ;)
I'm taking it slow, making sure I have things right and that I am happy with it. Sometimes it is hard to stay positive. I catch this other maker on YouTube at times, Kaitlin Blue of Sollette. She makes soap, body butters, etc. She posted yesterday morning about staying positive & motivated and suggested a book by jewelry designer Kendra Scott called Born To Shine, about her journey from a spare bedroom in her home to the business she has now. I just stated reading it, hoping it may give some inspiration. So far so good.

@Misschief sells her B&B products at a local market. @cmzaha used to sell hers at markets before she closed down her business. I've tried various products from both of them, and all were fantastic!

I donate a bunch of mine to be sold at our church's annual Christmas boutique. My foaming sugar scrubs from the DIY Bath & Body recipe are the runaway favorite, followed by lotions, lip balms, lip scrubs, and lotion bar sticks (aka body butter bars in mini deo tubes). Some of my friends purchase directly from me, but I've resisted making it a business because it takes the fun out of it for me.
@AliOop which DIY BB recipe do you use? Is it the Bubble Scrub Body Bar or is there a recipe that goes in a jar? I like the idea of no jar and I make a dupe of the Lush scrubby bar already. Just wondering if there’s something I may like more. 😉

@AliOop which DIY BB recipe do you use? Is it the Bubble Scrub Body Bar or is there a recipe that goes in a jar? I like the idea of no jar and I make a dupe of the Lush scrubby bar already. Just wondering if there’s something I may like more. 😉
I use the DIY B&B Foaming Bath Butter Base to make her sugar scrub recipe. These scrubs are goopy, so they do get stored in jars or tubs. Her FB page has some recipes for making solid bubble bars, scoops, and cubes, but I haven't tried those.

Back