SMF June 2020 Un-Challenge - Half & Half

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its going to be hard to see well since my walls are white and I have only two colors for the base, black and white lol but here is my Un-entry.
View attachment 46850

It was a challenge to get the design in HP but I cut a flap off a cardboard box and wrapped it in press and seal then creased it, poured the black (Charcoal) pressed the cardboard V down into it and let it set then today made the Coconut Milk White layer, pulled out the cardboard and poured it. Each layer the same ounces of batter. Then sprinkled the top with white and black Jojoba beads and glitter. Scented with Little Black Dress

Very cool! ♥️

Its going to be hard to see well since my walls are white and I have only two colors for the base, black and white lol but here is my Un-entry.
View attachment 46850

It was a challenge to get the design in HP but I cut a flap off a cardboard box and wrapped it in press and seal then creased it, poured the black (Charcoal) pressed the cardboard V down into it and let it set then today made the Coconut Milk White layer, pulled out the cardboard and poured it. Each layer the same ounces of batter. Then sprinkled the top with white and black Jojoba beads and glitter. Scented with Little Black Dress
I love ❤️ it. It’s quite a job you did with the design. Very impressive.

Wow.. I'm impressed @msunnerstood! Didn't think such a smooth line was possible with HP. Great job😁👍
Thank you, the hardest part was keeping the cardboard down in the soap because the batter was heavier than the cardboard and I was afraid it was going to keep pushing up. I didn't have anything heavy the exact length of the mold so I wound up using large rubber bands on each side to hold it down.

Ok dibbles you got me this time again. Another half and half lady just for you. Half rose clay,half charcoal. Half coconut milk, half butter milk. Hope I made you happy with this one

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 46
beautiful
View attachment 46850

beautiful!

View attachment 46850

Love this! I didn't know hp could look so smooth! Well done :)

Here is mine. Scented with Afternoon Tea from Nurture. The tan has a little cocoa powder. The cream has kaolin clay. I used a strong Earl Grey tea as my water, which slightly colored the batter. Each cavity in the mold got half cream and half tan, but my swirling made it hard to see both colors. I was pleased when I planed it to reveal the swirl inside. It pretty much matches what I had in my head.

Attachments

• IMG_20200612_071806732.jpg
    IMG_20200612_071806732.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20200612_090537125.jpg
    IMG_20200612_090537125.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20200612_090700039.jpg
    IMG_20200612_090700039.jpg
    295.3 KB · Views: 41
Here is mine. Scented with Afternoon Tea from Nurture. The tan has a little cocoa powder. The cream has kaolin clay. I used a strong Earl Grey tea as my water, which slightly colored the batter. Each cavity in the mold got half cream and half tan, but my swirling made it hard to see both colors. I was pleased when I planed it to reveal the swirl inside. It pretty much matches what I had in my head.
I love your soap the idea is out of this world. Also love the tea set. Will own a million tea sets if I could.

@artemis that picture of the soaps in the teacup - TOO CUTE!!! Your soaps look wonderful. I just tried a sample batch with Afternoon Tea and will be ordering more!

I agree...very cute! I love Afternoon Tea. It’s one of the first FOs I ordered and it’s a keeper. Just a really nice clean light scent.

Back