Paradise salt Bars made with yogurt cups as molds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Those are the coolest salt bars! I love yogurt, why haven't I looked for those molds! Just bought some Activia so I have to eat that first.

Wish I could smell them too!

Milla said:
How do you get the diagonal if you don't mind me asking?

Not at all . I got my colors with 1/2 the fo amount ready .Measured the salt and slpit into 2 cups .I got the batch to very light trace , then I split it in half and added the color and salt to one. I put it in the yogurt cups on an angle and smoothed it with a butter knife , they were pretty thick and not going anywhere .I set them on their sides just in case while I mixed up the next color , add a little and bang the heck out of the container , add the rest and bang it some more. A 1 lb batch made 6 of those yogurt cups at approx 5 oz each . I added fine sea salt at 75 %. Good luck should you give it a try , I am now thinking about trying 4 colors :shock: .

Hope that helps
Kitn

Kitn said:
Milla said:
How do you get the diagonal if you don't mind me asking?

Not at all . I got my colors with 1/2 the fo amount ready .Measured the salt and slpit into 2 cups .I got the batch to very light trace , then I split it in half and added the color and salt to one. I put it in the yogurt cups on an angle and smoothed it with a butter knife , they were pretty thick and not going anywhere .I set them on their sides just in case while I mixed up the next color , add a little and bang the heck out of the container , add the rest and bang it some more. A 1 lb batch made 6 of those yogurt cups at approx 5 oz each . I added fine sea salt at 75 %. Good luck should you give it a try , I am now thinking about trying 4 colors :shock: .

Hope that helps
Kitn

Cool! Thanks Kitn!

Thank you ladies,
Outside is better than in , we are stripping wallpaper etc on about 1/2 the main floor. It isn't going to badly though it could be worse.

Kitn

Back