New to coloring bar soap, looking for help

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrewsSoaps

Reaction score
Hey,

I am new to bar soap, and I really want to find a way to color my bar soap red, but I am overwhelmed by all the red colorant options. If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them.

The main reason why I’m being picky with what I use, is because I try to use ingredients directly from Mother Nature and a lot of my customers have sensitive skin.

I’ll also attach my recipe in case that helps.

Thanks so much!

Attachments

• IMG_7557.jpeg
    IMG_7557.jpeg
    2.2 MB
Getting red from natural colorants is a bit of a trick. The closest I've gotten (and I am by no means an expert on natural colorants or soapmaking) is Moroccan red clay. It's definitely not a Christmas red, but comes out more of a reddish brown. A very little goes a LONG way with that one.

I did purchase some Himalayan rhubarb to infuse in olive oil to try for a truer red, but havent tried it yet. I've seen other soapmakers online get more of a red color with that, but again, it won't be a Christmas red - more of a pink red.

I know there are several soapmakers here who know a lot about using natural colorants. Hopefully someone else can give you some better suggestions. I'll definitely be paying attention!

Latest posts

Back