New Here!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ash417

Reaction score
Hi all! I’m new here as I love to read about what everyone else is making and get new ideas and tricks and Facebook groups are getting old. I’m in South Carolina and I’ve been making CP soap since 2018. I took a few year break when my son was born but I’ve been back at it for a bit now.
I am currently trying to find new suppliers I like and testing out different recipes. I worked for Rustic E for years before the sale to WSP so that’s where all my supplies always came from. Now I’m getting low on fragrance oils and a lot of my favorites have been sadly discontinued so I need to branch out and try other places too. I’m super nervous to order and be disappointed.
I gotta say making soap with a toddler running around is significantly harder than before he was born! I’m including some pics of soap I’ve made and I’d love to hear about your favorite suppliers especially if they are on the eastern side of the country to hopefully help with shipping costs. I had an order in my cart at brambleberry but shipping was nearly $100!

Attachments

• A1386DA9-1345-4BC1-B8E6-B6C35B802D4Cf54388992.jpeg
    A1386DA9-1345-4BC1-B8E6-B6C35B802D4Cf54388992.jpeg
    1.2 MB
  • 56ECAA95-F741-42A9-B8A0-7C13A8A46B3Bf86819584.jpeg
    56ECAA95-F741-42A9-B8A0-7C13A8A46B3Bf86819584.jpeg
    2.7 MB
  • IMG_6098.jpeg
    IMG_6098.jpeg
    1.2 MB
  • IMG_5975.jpeg
    IMG_5975.jpeg
    1.5 MB
  • 2C0AEF64-BF4B-4D7B-9376-BB41E8B457CDf83174656.jpeg
    2C0AEF64-BF4B-4D7B-9376-BB41E8B457CDf83174656.jpeg
    1.2 MB
Welcome, and thanks for the pretty soap pics!

You could try Soaper’s Choice to see if their shipping is reasonable for you. It never is for me, unfortunately. Webstaurant is another place with good bulk oil prices if you live close enough to one for pickup.

To avoid shipping costs, I typically get my OO and AO from the local Costco; my CO from the local Big Lots; and HO sunflower from the local Trader Joe’s.

I render my own lard and tallow, but if I had to purchase it, I’d probably use US Chef Store since that is local to me. They also carry RBO.

Welcome, and thanks for the pretty soap pics!

You could try Soaper’s Choice to see if their shipping is reasonable for you. It never is for me, unfortunately. Webstaurant is another place with good bulk oil prices if you live close enough to one for pickup.

To avoid shipping costs, I typically get my OO and AO from the local Costco; my CO from the local Big Lots; and HO sunflower from the local Trader Joe’s.

I render my own lard and tallow, but if I had to purchase it, I’d probably use US Chef Store since that is local to me. They also carry RBO.
Thanks! Soaper’s choice isn’t too bad on shipping as long as I keep it under 45lbs! I think I’ll defy have to give them a try!

Welcome and thanks for sharing your pretty soaps with us.

I live in SE Virginia. I buy bulk oils/fats from Soaper's Choice or locally. SC's #1 tip to save of shipping: When ordering 7-pound items, order in multiples of 4 or 6 items to fill the shipment box. I order lye from Essential Depot or ED through Amazon.

For micas I mostly buy from Nurture (in Ohio) or Mad Micas (Florida)

For standard scents that don't vary much from supplier to supplier (or not enough that I care...) I order from BeScented in SW Virginia, or Fragrance Buddy in Georgia. BeScented's BRV, Love Spell, Volcano all work well for me as do FB's White Tea & Ginger and Life Lessons (Lush Karma dup).

For unique fragrance oils that I love the most, I bite the bullet and buy from suppliers across the country.

This post summarizes SMF crowd-sourced information (as of 2022) on fragrance oils that will stick for 6 months or more. Other discussions about fragrances, often by supplier, will be in the fragrance oil forum.

Welcome and really nice soaps! Thanks for posting!
I buy my fragrances almost exclusively at WSP because their shipping is free if you order at least $25.00.
It doesn't matter how much or how heavy your order is, it's still free if your order was $25.00 +
I've also found GREAT prices on their site. They sell Rustic Ecsentuals, so you would probably be familiar with their fragrances.
Working for them must have been like working in a candy shop ....

If you have a nice, gentle soap recipe that you think would work for for toddlers, I'd love to have you share it!
My adult sons aren't married and don't have kids, but their friends seem to be marrying and having babies.
i would LOVE to make some baby soaps for my kids' friends kids!!

Welcome and thanks for sharing your pretty soaps with us.

I live in SE Virginia. I buy bulk oils/fats from Soaper's Choice or locally. SC's #1 tip to save of shipping: When ordering 7-pound items, order in multiples of 4 or 6 items to fill the shipment box. I order lye from Essential Depot or ED through Amazon.

For micas I mostly buy from Nurture (in Ohio) or Mad Micas (Florida)

For standard scents that don't vary much from supplier to supplier (or not enough that I care...) I order from BeScented in SW Virginia, or Fragrance Buddy in Georgia. BeScented's BRV, Love Spell, Volcano all work well for me as do FB's White Tea & Ginger and Life Lessons (Lush Karma dup).

For unique fragrance oils that I love the most, I bite the bullet and buy from suppliers across the country.

This post summarizes SMF crowd-sourced information (as of 2022) on fragrance oils that will stick for 6 months or more. Other discussions about fragrances, often by supplier, will be in the fragrance oil forum.
Thanks so much! That’s a lot of great info and that post you linked is fantastic!

Back