Need ideas for how to use lots of shredded olive oil soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice and bright, I think felted soaps are so pretty. Imagine if those were handmade soaps by you! :D Yes we try to convince everyone it is the way to go! :lol:

Soapy Gurl said:
Very nice and bright, I think felted soaps are so pretty. Imagine if those were handmade soaps by you! :D Yes we try to convince everyone it is the way to go! :lol:

yes, we do. because we are correct.

Really pretty product!

I would think you could rebatch, if you wanted to take the time. clean the world would be a great option. Also, I have seen little knitted bags that people put soap slivers in. They generally have a drawstring top and you refill them, they might work for grated soap.

Thanks everyone.

We actually wholesale these. I've currently got about 120 retailers to supply and they keep me so busy that I've just hired my first studio assistant. She works side by side with me 5 days a week. THAT'S how we have over 200 pounds of shreds and not enough time to fiddle with them.

Still open to ideas...thanks for the great feedback!

carebear said:
Soapy Gurl said:

yes, we do. because we are correct.

Yep uh huh! :) Those are very pretty. I would say- try to become a soapmaker. With research and care, you will be soaping in no time.

You can start to practice with rebatch and go to lye.
Your halfway there with the gorgeous felt. :)

Not sure this would work for 200 lbs. (YIKES), but my husband came up with the idea of taking all my shavings and packing them into a muslin bag (I think they're about 4x6).
He uses it in the shower and hangs it to dry in between showers.

I haven't tried this, but it may make some sense. I would think the muslin would help exfoliate. Even with the small batches I make, there are quite a few shavings and the soap is perfectly good.

Not sure if others mentioned this but...

You can use if for making your own laundry soap, general purpose cleaner. and liquid soap (just mix with water).

Hey Donna...great idea! I have a little muslin bag here that was a sample I got for potential packing ideas. I know what we're going to be using in the shower this weekend - wouldn't it be great if it worked?

Thanks!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

First up - I agree with everyone else and your felted soaps look fantastic!

Soap bag in the shower is a good idea and boil some up with water to make laundry soap jelly.

Back