Natural Soap and Bath Bombs

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubbles00

Reaction score
0d10ea00.jpg

Some of my soaps and bath bombs. I haven't used colourants yet as the whole natural/unnatural is it/isn't it is confusing me :-/ I want to make lovely soap that is 'green',... but does being natural mean safe? I read somewhere that natural mineral powders may contain traces of harmful elements like arsenic!!!! :shock:

Please be honest and give me a vote :D I want your opinions!!
Thank you!!!

PS I used food colouring in the bath bombs.

Oh forgot to tell you what the soaps are:
From the left
Camomile and Lavender
Fresh Fig and Orange (**MY ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE**) :D
Goat Milk Honey and Oat
Coffee bean wake up :)

The bath bombs are rose (on the right) and Lavender (on the left)

All made with Olive oil, coconut oil and some with castor.

Thoughts??

A friend just sent my twins some heart shaped bath bombs...they look just like yours! The kids love them! I love the blue you used. They are are beautiful!

They're all very lovely :) I especially love the coffee bean one. I'm a coffee holic.

As for the "natural" colorants. Have you checked the ingredients on your food coloring? Mine all contain some ingredients that are very far from "natural".

Being "natural" doesn't always mean being safe. There are a lot of "natural" ingredients I see people putting in there products that could be harmful or at least very irritating to the skin. Sometime's it is safer to go with lab created products, because they are manufactured in a clean and controlled environment.

When buying herbs and stuff for colorants just make sure you're buying from a reputable supplier. That's the easiest way to make sure you're getting a safe product. Actually, when buying any of your supplies, buying from a reputable seller is the best idea LOL

As for there being trace amounts of arsenic in some colorants. I have no idea. I've heard that almost everything we come in contact with on a daily basis (apple juice, water, rice, etc) have very small amounts of different things that could be harmful. But usually that's if you are in contact with large amounts daily, without washing it off. Since you'll most likely be using a very small amount of colorant and it'll be in a wash off product, the danger is very teeny tiny.

Thank you for your lovely comments llineb and Genny!!
I have to admit I have 'soap envy' from the other posts on here, so I will keep on going and learning. I am so confussed about the whole natural/unnatural safe/unsafe. So that will be my next subject of study. :)
Also I would love to do some swirling and fancy stuff.. so I will keep you informed and updated on my experimentation!!!
THANK YOU!! XXX

great job!!! there are natural herbs you can use to color your soap green or just about any color you want to come up with, just do some research and you will find the right answers...

Latest posts

Back