Moving Day!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Our moving day is almost here. We should be moving on Tuesday if all goes as expected with our escrow closing. My house is on the left. LOL, not much out there. Hopefully, we will be able to get our garage if my daughter's tests come out okay. 🙏🙏🙏. We need some grading, gravel, a garage, and a couple of retaining walls, but it's not looking like we will beat the weather this year. I cannot believe how much kitchen stuff I have packed and already taken up 2 loads with kitchen supplies packed in boxes. It is crazy to acquire so many kitchen toys.

LOL, no wonder we had to purchase a bank of cabinets and a free-standing cabinet for our service porch. I fortunately had a blank wall across from my smugglers pantry and Builders Supply had cabinets that almost matched my kitchen cabinets perfectly. So we purchased a 60" base cabinet with drawers and pull-out shelves for the blank wall and a top cabinet with shelves. It will really help with storage. It is amazing how much room two stand mixers take up, two instant pots, air fryers etc etc. Then we get to the canners...I have stuff. Then all my different flours are in 5-gallon Cambro storage containers, those take up a lot of space in the pantry. Now I have to un-pack it all.

11476.jpeg

At last — hooray!!! :dance: Are you very far from the town?
Not far from our little town, but 160 miles east of us to Reno where I have to go for Costco, Winco, Sams, and Smart & Final. Other than that it is Walmart in town or a couple local grocery stores. No big chain stores. The other larger town is Elko which is 130 miles West of us.

Looks very remote, I noticed the blocks are square, but your house is on an angle, is there a reason for that ? Just curious that's all.

Yay!! Finally!! Looks like a great spot. I've already spotted your (my) garden area. So happy for you!

Looks very remote, I noticed the blocks are square, but your house is on an angle, is there a reason for that ? Just curious that's all.
My lot is a rectangle, and it is on an angle to take advantage of the view from certain windows. I lived most of my life in the hills with a view of the city lights, so it was necessary.

@KDP I do have plenty of room for a garden, the problem there is a very short growing season so above-ground planters are the best way to go if I can motivate my hubby. A Walapini Greenhouse built into our bank would be the best way to go, but I doubt that will happen in my lifetime.

Back