meet my soap babies

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gigishiree

Reaction score

1 chamomile tea as liquid. tea bag mixed in at trace. chamomile flowers in bottom of mold.

2 all olive oil with salt added for hardness. superfatted with castor. used coconut milk as liquid. toasted some for the top. smells uber.

3. used strong cappucino with coffee grounds at trace. vanilla bean imbeds to mimic marshmellow. my two year old nephew tried to eat it!

4. Sugar cookie and vanilla FO with oatmeal mixed in. Castile

5. Watermelon, summermelon and cucumber FO. a few poppy seeds to simulate ...well seeds lol. this is my fav. dispite my swirls that didnt turn out. the green disappeared altogether and the orange is very faint. not sure if it was a user error or what.....i got them from hobby lobby.

6 Castile with patch, bergamont and orange spice EO. orange spice tea bag thrown in for fun.

And my fur baby..... whos very attentive to whatever falls on the kitchen floor, lol always on the lookout for a tasty treat!

Also i decided to wrap my babies just to see how they'd look. I used brown paper bags and some scrap fabric....(im a knitter -hand and maching and i also like using strips of cloth sometimes for fun)

paillo said:
judymoody said:
They are beautiful! Lots of inspiration here. Maybe you should post them in the photo gallery too?

agree, they are beautiful! and i love your fur baby :)

thank you! his name is bear and he and my youngest are sooooo jealous of each other.

gigishiree said:

1 chamomile tea as liquid. tea bag mixed in at trace. chamomile flowers in bottom of mold.

2 all olive oil with salt added for hardness. superfatted with castor. used coconut milk as liquid. toasted some for the top. smells uber.

3. used strong cappucino with coffee grounds at trace. vanilla bean imbeds to mimic marshmellow. my two year old nephew tried to eat it!

4. Sugar cookie and vanilla FO with oatmeal mixed in. Castile

5. Watermelon, summermelon and cucumber FO. a few poppy seeds to simulate ...well seeds lol. this is my fav. dispite my swirls that didnt turn out. the green disappeared altogether and the orange is very faint. not sure if it was a user error or what.....i got them from hobby lobby.

6 Castile with patch, bergamont and orange spice EO. orange spice tea bag thrown in for fun.

And my fur baby..... whos very attentive to whatever falls on the kitchen floor, lol always on the lookout for a tasty treat!

Also i decided to wrap my babies just to see how they'd look. I used brown paper bags and some scrap fabric....(im a knitter -hand and maching and i also like using strips of cloth sometimes for fun)

Very nice!!! Couple of questions. :) How did you get the ripple effect on your bars? And what type of brown paper is that wrapped on your soap??

Looks great!! I have to say your avatar cracks me up! Thanks for the instant smile this morning!! *lol*

[quote Very nice!!! Couple of questions. :) How did you get the ripple effect on your bars? And what type of brown paper is that wrapped on your soap?? [/quote]

its just a ripple cutter. some of them i practically shaved down to nothing trying to get nice even bars. lol my OCD would let me stop.

The paper is just plain lunch bags i always have on hand for my human babies....cut into about 6 strips the long way. I thought it looked better bulky rather than just a single ply.

Kamela said:
Looks great!! I have to say your avatar cracks me up! Thanks for the instant smile this morning!! *lol*

ikr! lol

Love those soaps. Love your fur baby more though.
me too. he was a pup when my son was born so he actually thought he was a baby for the longest time

Cool. I like the chamomile also. Nice chunky shape and interesting texture.

thanks ladies! since ive been posting i feel different.....like im finally out of the closet or going to group therapy. lol. right now im fighting the urge to soap. i have a closet full as it is.....

is anyone else a soap hoarder? Im so stingy with mine.

Back