Me oh my

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LushishLux

Reaction score
While I am no where near ready to sell, I am a multi-tasker. I was looking in to how much a business license would cost and I came across a link on the wisconsin.gov website and i couldn't see the exact license I need. Do I just need to register the business and not get any special permits? And how does one go about getting a tax ID number? Is there any other special papers I am leaving out? I know this really early for me to be considering this but I want to have all my ducks in the straightest row I can.

Evey state, county,city is different. You should start at the city level. Go to your tax assessors office & ask what needs to be done.

Tax assessor? like HR block?

Tabitha, you are so wise with all of this info I love it. I have been trying to read older posts I could get an answer but I haven't seen one yet

no it would be the county clerk or whoever collects the taxes in your town (ie Government) not HR block, which you could consider a tax-processing service, not an assessor. HR block helps you pay the taxes assessed to you by your government

LushishLux said:
While I am no where near ready to sell, I am a multi-tasker. I was looking in to how much a business license would cost and I came across a link on the wisconsin.gov website and i couldn't see the exact license I need. Do I just need to register the business and not get any special permits? And how does one go about getting a tax ID number? Is there any other special papers I am leaving out? I know this really early for me to be considering this but I want to have all my ducks in the straightest row I can.

I think you're really smart finding out all the info. now so you'll be ready when it's time for you to start a biz. That way you don't leave it all till the last minute, way to go IMO. :lol: I should probably do some research on my end as well, for future reference.

Latest posts

Back