Madder root

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maia

Reaction score
Hello! I have used madder root a few times now and each time, I'm unable to fully blend it. The first time I mixed it with a little olive oil before adding to the batch. Even though I mixed it with the oil, there were little gritty pockets left. Second time, I accidentally mixed with a little water (Instead of oil). Same sort of thing, gritty pockets. My question is, can someone tell me how this goes over when actually using the soap? Mine are not cured yet so I haven't been able to test it out. I'm wondering if the powdery grit just melts away while using the bar or is it a bit of a menace with a burst of color getting on the person's skin? As usual, all tips are greatly appreciated!

Side random note: When I used water instead of oil to mix the madder root, it sort of messed up my batch. It took the soap a lot longer to 'dry' and it has a different consistency. I didn't think that small amount of water (about 3 tbsps) would make such a change in the batch but it sure did!

Latest posts

Back