Best mixer for whipped body butter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christa10

Reaction score
I've got some good recipes for a whipped body butter but have been using my old double beater portable hand mixer for whipping. I'm now wondering if there's a better implement out there that's hand held. Maybe the hand mixer is the best, but before I go buying something new I thought I'd ask the forum members if you have any favorites. I don't want to use a heavy kitchenaid-type stand mixer every time I want to make a batch, so I'm looking for something hand held that whips best.

For whatever reason, so many used KitchenAid mixers are available for sale everywhere around here. Usually they go for around $100 for models that were $300-$400 brand new. Some years ago, I bought a used one, and it's still going strong.

I also have a used hand-held mixer that another SMF member was selling, and that works very well, too. I prefer it for smaller batches since it doesn't take as much effort to pull it out and work with it. However, I do prefer the KitchenAid when I'm making larger batches that would cause my hands to become sore and numb from using the hand-held mixer for that long.

EDIT: Sorry @Christa10 I just realized that I didn't really answer your question. My handheld mixer is a Hamilton Beach, and I love it. If I were buying a new one, I remember someone else here - maybe @Kcryss? - recommending this one on Amazon. It is very well-rated and has a small attachment that could be good for mixing small batches of soap, lotion, etc. If my HB ever dies, that's probably what I'd get next.

Last edited:
I use the hand mixer @AliOop posted above. It works great and I use the milkshake attachment all the time. Best attachment ever.

Edit: the milkshake attachment wouldn't work for whipping, I use it for things that don't need the added air.

For whatever reason, so many used KitchenAid mixers are available for sale everywhere around here. Usually they go for around $100 for models that were $300-$400 brand new. Some years ago, I bought a used one, and it's still going strong.

I also have a used hand-held mixer that another SMF member was selling, and that works very well, too. I prefer it for smaller batches since it doesn't take as much effort to pull it out and work with it. However, I do prefer the KitchenAid when I'm making larger batches that would cause my hands to become sore and numb from using the hand-held mixer for that long.

EDIT: Sorry @Christa10 I just realized that I didn't really answer your question. My handheld mixer is a Hamilton Beach, and I love it. If I were buying a new one, I remember someone else here - maybe @Kcryss? - recommending this one on Amazon. It is very well-rated and has a small attachment that could be good for mixing small batches of soap, lotion, etc. If my HB ever dies, that's probably what I'd get next.
Thanks for the recommendation. I see that the mixer has the beaters as well as a whisk - which one would you use, the beaters??

I use the hand mixer @AliOop posted above. It works great and I use the milkshake attachment all the time. Best attachment ever.

Edit: the milkshake attachment wouldn't work for whipping, I use it for things that don't need the added air.
Thanks. I'm guessing the milkshake attachment is the whisk?

Use the beaters, as the whisk won't be strong enough for something that thick. The milkshake attachment is this one:

Screenshot 2024-10-07 at 10.18.07 AM.png

Back