I made single use sugar scrub bars. TY Soap Goddess!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Thanks to Soap Goddess! I made single use sugar scrub bars! OMG, they were so much fun to make. I had tons of clear glycerin sitting around, I scented them with Red Sedona.

sugarscrubs002.jpg

sugarscrubs005.jpg

sugarscrubs007.jpg

Oh, that's just plain fun!

I bought white glycerin soap today at Michaels. I am going to use some strawberry FO that I have but I didn't know what to do about the coloring. I don't have anything for red so just bought some cheapie there at Michaels. I figure it's for M & P anyway so they should work right?

Although, I do have pink clay, would that be totally strange?

Holly with melt and pour, the michaels colors work great. Have fun, I made these in my non stick baking pans that I used for m/p. I am going to sell these in my store tomorrow. I cant wait to see my customers reactions. By the way, I dont know about clay in m/p, never tried it.

Thanks! I am waiting until this weekend to work on them and I hope to get a silicone baking pan by then. I wanted one anyway for my other soap so there's a double good excuse to get one! :eek:

I can see I'm going to have to find an affordable source of clear or white glycerine shortly!

they look yummy! ;-)

They're so cute, look like turkish delights! Love them :)

I think these scrubs are fantastic!! So pretty and festive! I'm gonna try my hand at them for Christmas gifts. One question though....in the original recipe it says that they should be used within 3 months. So if you add a preservative then they might last longer? Any thoughts?

I love the looks of those....like candy!!
I can't tell from the pictures- how big is each piece? I've never used a sugar scrub myself but now I want to try them
:D

those look great!

Can these be made with salt? I've done the sugar ones, but I'm wondering if salt would make them too hard to dissolve nicely...

Those are great and I love the way you packaged them!! I've never used one before either but I bet they feel wonderful.

I dont see why you cant make them with salt. They are about 1x2, they are supposed to be single use. I tried one and there is plenty for a couple more showers with the same one. These are fun to make.

So I made these today and they are so pretty but I must say that I don't get the concept. Maybe I tried one too soon but they didn't do squat for me.

Really? Everyone at our house loved them. And my son in law took a jar to work and all his co-workers that took them home had rave reviews about them.
They certainly are not for a deep/heavy kind of exfoliating that you would get with most jar scrubs. But they are nice for a quick, light, on-the-go scrub. I like that they are a light weight, leak-free portable option that you can take to the gym or on vacation, etc.

I have sold quite a few jars in just a couple days and one of my customers came back in for more. She loved them and wanted to buy some for her Mother to try. Hmmmmmmmm.......I tried one and thought oh it is nice......but nothing spectacular. The concept is great and they are so pretty and convenient like soap goddess said.

It was really hard for me and I tried to get it to soften up some so it wouldn't feel like I was rubbing a sugar cube (although that is what I was techincally doing :D )on me. So I kind of squished it up and still nothing.

I'll try it again. They are too pretty to not like them!

I'll try to get pictures up tomorrow when I can take some daylight photos.

I just want to let everyone know that the sugar cubes are a huge seller for me. They are flying out of my store. Wooooohoooooo.

Latest posts

Back