Honey in Balms

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh no :(
I recently bought lanolin to try in soap and I would have loved to also using it in balm.

How do you think they do the Egyptian magic balm ? I like it and always thought I could easily replicate it (maybe omiting the royal jelly), but now that I read this thread I don't know...
The ingredients says (probably not in order) :
Honey, Beeswax, Olive Oil, Royal Jelly, Bee Pollen and Bee Propolis

https://www.amazon.fr/Egyptian-Magi...pcontext&ref_=fplfs&psc=1&smid=A21K5TICUTCQ7T
I had never heard of Egyptian Magic Balm before coming across this formula by Marie at Humblebee and Me a few years ago. The post is from 2013; she hasn't updated it but some of the comments are fairly recent, so I assume it must work okay. Maybe worth trying (which I have not done, alas!).

DIY Egyptian Magic

I had never heard of Egyptian Magic Balm before coming across this formula by Marie at Humblebee and Me a few years ago. The post is from 2013; she hasn't updated it but some of the comments are fairly recent, so I assume it must work okay. Maybe worth trying (which I have not done, alas!).

DIY Egyptian Magic
I found it too just yesterday ! I have all the ingredients so I may try it when I'll have more time, when summer is over.

I mix it with my beeswax and a little tallow , beeswax has a low point of being a solid and should mix without separation, I put the whole mix on jar and blitz it with hand held blitzer and I find that works
Could you please say more about this? I'm trying to figure out what I did accidentally so that I can do it again. I make a lip balm that is 50% Tallow, %25 cocoa butter, and %25 beeswax. I used %5 honey and it worked great, lasted for years, and never separated. Listening to others experiences I am trying to figure out what I did that worked so well, so that I can do it again. Something to do with my formula, and/or I also added 3t of mica. I did not blend the way you did, but that mix did have to be real hot!!

"beeswax has a low point of being a solid"
@The Bearded Beekeeper What does this mean?

Could you please say more about this? I'm trying to figure out what I did accidentally so that I can do it again. I make a lip balm that is 50% Tallow, %25 cocoa butter, and %25 beeswax. I used %5 honey and it worked great, lasted for years, and never separated. Listening to others experiences I am trying to figure out what I did that worked so well, so that I can do it again. Something to do with my formula, and/or I also added 3t of mica. I did not blend the way you did, but that mix did have to be real hot!!
Beeswax and honey have different points of being liquid ( I know honey is liquid) but I add the honey to the melted tallow and blitz it really well, I found stirring it didn't work for me, once mixed , I add the cooling beeswax and again give a good blitz, you have to work quickly as the wax turns quickly

Back