Lip balm advice.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the stevia extract tastes great! It didn’t blend in as good as I’d hoped. But it mostly stayed suspended. This bit of sediment at the bottom was disappointing.
Try the brand Lakanto. It tastes just like sugar but very slightly less sweet. It's made with monk fruit and erythritol. Erythritol can give stomach aches in large amounts but they are mixed at an amount that just tastes good without side effects. You can get it at walmart. My husband has diabetes so I've been forced to look for alternatives. It's not cheap though.

Try the brand Lakanto. It tastes just like sugar but very slightly less sweet. It's made with monk fruit and erythritol. Erythritol can give stomach aches in large amounts but they are mixed at an amount that just tastes good without side effects. You can get it at walmart. My husband has diabetes so I've been forced to look for alternatives. It's not cheap though.
You e used it for lip balm?! I thought erythritol was grainy.

Current workings on lip balm. Reformulating again due to cocoa butter being quadrupled the cost it once was. Loving using Deanna’s lip balm ratios with my preferred fats/oils! Currently pocket testing that recipe. But I think I like a slightly thicker balm like my previous recipe. The stevia extract is super potent! I reduced one batch by half and will reduce it again. Loving the rose flavor oil from bulk apothecary! Highly recommend it if you love rose!! Will add more mica to my tinted batch next time. Hate the mess of Kraft tubes! But just ordered more of the black cardboard tubes which I love!!
Was wondering if my honey worked so well long ago because it looked like this…instead of this. Started looking into removing moisture from honey, but will probably just stick to the new stevia extract I got.

Attachments

• IMG_6418.jpeg
    IMG_6418.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6414.jpeg
    IMG_6414.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Back