Has anyone setup a soapmaking supplies business ?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elastigirl

Reaction score
Just wondering if any of you have set up from scratch a soap and B&B making suppplies business? I'm looking to talk to someone who has gone this route? Don't worry I'm not looking for any trade secrets or names of suppliers just more to find the steps you took, for example did you go the white/private label route from larger wholesalers or direct from the manufacturer etc.. the difficulties you had etc.. anything you care to share :).

I do not specifically have a supplies business, but I do sell supplies to local soapmakers. Since I bought them wholesale, I sell them at retail and charge sales tax. Many of my students do not want to buy on line or buy in bulk. They just want a small amount of something, and I can give them a better deal than they could find in a store. Are you currently selling soap or bath products, or would you be wanting to start a supplies only business? Quite an undertaking!

I know a lady who started out as an aromatherapist and soap-maker who is now one of the better essential oil suppliers in western Canada....

Back