grating soap for rebatching

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seaturtle

Reaction score
I am in the process of grating a few soaps in order to rebatch them. The soaps are rather hard. I am using a hand grater which works well but is tiresome. Has anyone tried other ways of grating soap? Maybe cut up the bars in chunks and use a food processor?

terminalcitygirl said:
Yep, food processor. I love my food processor.

i HATE my food processor! i don't have a dishwasher, and i have a teeny tiny kitchen, so it just makes more work for me to have to wash attachments and find space for another appliance in my already-cramped work area. i'm happy with my plain old grater, mostly because i can do leg exercises while i'm grating -- and washing dishes. grouse, grouse.... i'm only saying this because i'm green with envy of those who have choices ;) go girls and gals who have options, am eagerly looking forward to more feedback!

Thanks everyone for the great ideas. I will definitely have to look into the salad shooter.

.Yesterday I grated 4 lb of soap for laundry. UGH! But then I looked at food processor prices and decided that grating soap is not that bad :) But if I see one at a yard sale, that puppy is mine!

Using a Salad shooter..

I'm in the same boat with the hand grater bunch...It's not to hard using one but I'm a guy so it's easier for me. But that salad shooter sounded great so I went out to buy one and didn't have much luck finding one. I looked in the second hand stores where I found my crock pots but no salad shooters..I found some online so maybe that's where everyone gets theirs. :p
Jerry S

I found this thread while searching for an easier way to grate soap. For those who use a salad shooter, do you use an electric or manual one? When I googled salad shooters, I see both electric and hand crank. TIA!

I found this thread while searching for an easier way to grate soap. For those who use a salad shooter, do you use an electric or manual one? When I googled salad shooters, I see both electric and hand crank. TIA!
There was a more recent thread somewhere ~ try using "salad shooter" in the search bar (?), but I want to say it's the electric one as someone mentioned it being easier on the hands 🤷🏼‍♀️

Back