Got to DIY soap from 3D printing

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Syd Kahn

Reaction score
I saw a file on how to 3D print a soap mold - My daughter-in-law has a store and mentioned that she wouldn't mind soaps with her logo on them... Wow! And down the rabbit hole, I went...

I am currently waiting on a shipment from TEMU with molds, cutters, and stuff - planning on a hot process Goatmilk Oatmeal batch as soon as I get it... First DIY after using up the melt-and-pour bars from Hobby Lobby...

Did you hear the background whispering about biting off more than I can chew... - LOL

It will either be a glorious success (my plan) or a dismal failure (lesson learned)

Confidently I remain
Syd

Did you hear the background whispering about biting off more than I can chew... - LOL

It will either be a glorious success (my plan) or a dismal failure (lesson learned)

Hi. The Background here. Not whispering that you bit off more than you can chew. Just a suggestion that you should..........

1. Start with a plain, simple batch to get the feel of it. Then, you'll understand better what's happening as you change things.
2. Do all of your experiments in small batches. I mean, like, small-- 1-2 pounds of oil.

A small batch is my plan - I bought two crockpots at Goodwill - one little and one large - I am going to make the small batch in the large one - just in case of a volcano and such - have been scrounging around for a recipe and settled on coconut and olive oil with a smidge of castor. Adding the goat milk and oatmeal after it has all soaped up... Plus a pinch of honey - just enough to say there is some in there... Am giving most away to friends and family since this is just a test... Just a hobby - never plan to sell any - I am totally excited - melt and pour worked to test the molds - but I caught the bug and want to do some real soaps...

Latest posts

Back