Glycerin?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IanT

Freemason, Maker, Father, Mover & Shaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright, never worked with this in soap before, only in other things...I presume its calculated as an additive? not as part of the water?

::curiously awaits replies::

8)

I use glycerin in my shaving soap at the rate of 10% ppo. I don't count it as part of my water amount- I just treat it as an additive, and I mix it in with my oils before adding the lye.

HTH!
IrishLass :)

Hey Lass, does adding glycerin at 10% make the soap sweat worse if you're selling outside in summer? I hesitated to try it this year, but maybe I will for next year if it doesn't make all that much difference. Glad you asked this question, Ian.

IrishLass said:
I use glycerin in my shaving soap at the rate of 10% ppo. I don't count it as part of my water amount- I just treat it as an additive, and I mix it in with my oils before adding the lye.

HTH!

you rock! thanks

and nana... glad i asked it too :)

BakingNana said:
Hey Lass, does adding glycerin at 10% make the soap sweat worse if you're selling outside in summer? I hesitated to try it this year, but maybe I will for next year if it doesn't make all that much difference. Glad you asked this question, Ian.

You know, I have absolutely no idea. I've never done an outdoor show to be able to put that to a test. I don't know if it helps, but for what it's worth, I've never had problems with my shaving soap sweating in an 80 degreeF house.

IrishLass said:
BakingNana said:

You know, I have absolutely no idea. I've never done an outdoor show to be able to put that to a test. I don't know if it helps, but for what it's worth, I've never had problems with my shaving soap sweating in an 80 degreeF house.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back