Fire & Air - My Elemental Challenge Soap - Cut Pics Page 2

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindy

Soap Diva Queen
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I actually spent some time thinking about what elements to represent in this soap and why... I decided since my main elemental sign is Air I would use it and then balance it with my astrological sign which is a Fire sign. Okay so got that figure out. Now for colours. I decided to represent fire with reds, although I supposed i could have gone into oranges and yellows as well, but I didn't. Air is easy, blues. Now for fragrance what on earth was I going to do with that? I needed something to represent the heat of a Fire and then the freshness of air plus all the wonderful scents that are carried on the breeze. I decided on creating my own blend using essential oils plus a fragrance oil. I chose Lavender, Spearmint, Rosemary, Black Pepper, Lilac (FO of course can't afford the real thing) plus just a hint of menthol for cold fire. I am liking this one.

Oh you want to see pictures do you. Hmmm. Well here you go, but only the in the mould pics.... plus I had some extra from the bottom left over so I put it into some flower moulds....

IMG_1740.JPG

IMG_1736.JPG

IMG_1741.JPG

IMG_1739.JPG

Last edited:
First, the top is beautiful!

Are those Cake decorating pearls?

Noob question.
On the flower molds. I would have used a spatula or putty knife to smooth out the backside of the roses. Why did you leave them rough?

WOW! That soap makes me want to go swimming in it! It looks like a cosmic sea of beautifulness! :) VERY pretty soap tops! I can only imagine how amazing the inside will look. Can't wait to see them cut!

Oh, that looks lovely, I can't wait to see this cut! I love the concept behind it as well, using the two astrological signs was well thought out :)

Noob question.
On the flower molds. I would have used a spatula or putty knife to smooth out the backside of the roses. Why did you leave them rough?

I would just use the edge of a credit card to smooth them out after they'd been unmolded. Otherwise I drive myself crazy trying to get them pretty looking in the mold :)

Noob question.

SoaPapaw - yes those are cake decorating pearls on top. The reason I left the bottom rough is I am going to cut the bottom edge off with my wire cutter to reveal the inside swirl plus the soap was really, really setting up and was no longer behaving well as I dumped the batter in.

what are the pearls on top? You give me soap envy! :smile:

Hi Clemmey - cake decorating candy pearls. Thank for saying such a nice thing!
HTML:
Thanks everyone for your kind words. As always your wish is my command and here are the cut pictures.... ;)

IMG_1744.JPG

IMG_1745.JPG

IMG_1751.JPG

IMG_1756.JPG

Back