Facial Cleanser for mature sensitive skin?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've tried the products with Bakuchiol. I don't know if it works just yet but I do know my skin hasn't had a bad reaction to it.Time will tell.
As long as you’re not reacting to it, it’s great that you’re trying it out. It definitely has antioxidant properties. From what I’ve read, it’s gentle. I’ve tried commercial products with it, and they don’t compare to rx retinoids, but I suppose that’s an unreasonable comparison!

I have tried oil cleansing, but have not found an oil that works for me yet. Coconut, olive, avocado, and sweet almond all give me terrible breakouts; coconut oil also makes my skin peel. Cleansing with castor oil makes my skin look amazing, but also makes my facial hair grow like crazy. o_O

Any other suggestions?

That's good to know! I found some much less expensive bakuchiol on Lotioncrafter. I'm still comparing the two and trying to figure out what's different. The expensive one sold by MakingCosmetics says it includes water, but also says (like all the others) that bakuchiol isn't water soluble. Huh?
That's interesting. Please post your results.

As long as you’re not reacting to it, it’s great that you’re trying it out. It definitely has antioxidant properties. From what I’ve read, it’s gentle. I’ve tried commercial products with it, and they don’t compare to rx retinoids, but I suppose that’s an unreasonable comparison!
I'd rather have natural stuff anyway. I have sensitive skin but I'm willing to give it all a try just to see. As long as it doesn't kill me lol.

I'd rather have natural stuff anyway. I have sensitive skin but I'm willing to give it all a try just to see. As long as it doesn't kill me lol.
Good to stick with what you know you like with skincare. You mentioned that oil cleansing was a hit/miss. Have you tried making a cleansing balm with a COSMOS or EcoCert emulsifier? Because I use rx Retinoids, I try to go gently with cleansing - I’ve made some cleansing balms that have been really effective. If you’re interested, let me know. I’d be happy to give you the formula off of which I’ve built my cleansing balm formulas.

Regardless, good luck to you!

I received an email today from NDA, advertising their sale on skincare ingredients. Out of curiosity, I looked at their bakuchiol, but was disappointed to find that it is mixed with propanediol. I like propanediol in my lotions, but looking at the SDS, it appears that this mix can vary in the concentration of both ingredients - which isn't acceptable to me.

So, I looked on MakingCosmetics. Yup, they have bakuchiol, mixed only with water. Price = $98.80 per fl oz./30ml.

o_O:oops:
Try LotionCrafter. They have 99% Bakuchiol priced at $47.25 for 30g.

I'm not OP, but grapefruit seed oil might be a good one...
And then there's grape seed oil too...
Ooo ~ grape seed oil! Or maybe rose hips seed oil or hemp seed oil?
For me, it was the combo of coconut and olive ~ either alone is a no, but together 👍🏼 Plus, I apply a light film, just enough that my hands glide over my skin without any drag and massage it in for just a few seconds, then do the hot/warm/cold wipe with a wash cloth.
I don't scrub or leave it on very long at all and I put on my rosehip seed oil right after while my skin is damp, I don't even take a towel to it at all ~ my skin is dry enough, I want all the moisture!

Good to stick with what you know you like with skincare. You mentioned that oil cleansing was a hit/miss. Have you tried making a cleansing balm with a COSMOS or EcoCert emulsifier? Because I use rx Retinoids, I try to go gently with cleansing - I’ve made some cleansing balms that have been really effective. If you’re interested, let me know. I’d be happy to give you the formula off of which I’ve built my cleansing balm formulas.

Regardless, good luck to you!
Yes, it's more that I don't like how it feels. It's great to remove makeup but I always feel the need to wash my face with soap after.

Back